• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Why a softball program isn't coming to TCU any time soon

PurpleBlood87

I'd be all for womens softball if they would put in a rule banning all the incessant dugout chants and chatter. It is mind numbing and makes me grab for the remote.

I cover a lot of high school softball. One school has a guy coach, not a base coach, and when his team is hitting he wanders about 20 feet away from the dugout because of the chanting, drumming and banging of softball's on the roof of the dugout.

The TCU Football Jerk

table tennis
article-0-145E54EB000005DC-233_634x434.jpg

netty2424

Do you people really spend time watching a lot of softball? I’m just a little surprised at the level interest. My only interest in the sport is that is aggravating that it relegates baseball regionals to find hard to find decent tv coverage.
I have never watched any softball if I'm honest, but the small town I live in the local high school girls are back to back state champs. And having a young daughter growing up in a school with that type of recent history, I'd imagine I'll be a regular supporter when she's of age to play. That said, one can hope that sport may help get my daughter down to Ft Worth at some point! So I support anything that increases he odds of helping my daughter in purple!!

Frog-in-law1995

I have never watched any softball if I'm honest, but the small town I live in the local high school girls are back to back state champs. And having a young daughter growing up in a school with that type of recent history, I'd imagine I'll be a regular supporter when she's of age to play. That said, one can hope that sport may help get my daughter down to Ft Worth at some point! So I support anything that increases he odds of helping my daughter in purple!!

Keller HS won state in 16 and 17. There’s plenty of talent to fill a D1 roster without leaving the county.

I just wish they’d add it as an excuse to build a new baseball stadium. Convert Lupton and it’d be a top-of-the-line softball complex. Build a new baseball stadium that rivals the new facilities in the SEC West. Done and done.
Not having softball is unacceptable. This IS the Big 12, and as other posters stated the Metroplex is a hot bed for talent, probably Top 5 in the nation. Now, it is true that TCU is cramped for space and all of a sudden (as Stefan's article points out) TCU is lacking funds. I have a solution that eliminates both problems. Partner with FWISD to share costs and build a softball stadium next to Clark Stadium. FWISD needs a central softball park to host playoff games and off-campus games (all FWISD schools have softball fields but most are horrible with little seating). As far as it being off campus, well, if there is no "space" (although there is next to the track stadium) then this would be a solution. It beats not having softball at all. Also, it would be nice to go to a TCU sporting event where parking is not an issue. I like another polster's idea of putting softball at Lupton and building a new baseball stadium. But I believe since the costs are high that the only way to get softball at TCU is to have a big donor pony up a lot of $$$ or do the partner idea with FWISD.

froginaustin

Play a varsity TCU sport (on a long-term basis) in a high school facility?

Charming.

We know how it worked out for TCU men's basketball, attendance-wise, etc.

Play a varsity TCU sport (on a long-term basis) in a high school facility?

Charming.

We know how it worked out for TCU men's basketball, attendance-wise, etc.
Uh, I thought you were smarter than that. Good gosh, man. By PARTNERING (quit reading posts too fast) they could build a large, expensive facility. It would not be as your cynical self suggests "a college playing at a high school field," rather, high schools playing at a college-level facility.

Eight

Uh, I thought you were smarter than that. Good gosh, man. By PARTNERING (quit reading posts too fast) they could build a large, expensive facility. It would not be as your cynical self suggests "a college playing at a high school field," rather, high schools playing at a college-level facility.

6c80bae2ccca04156507d8b14f2d2cc5.jpg