• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU opens with 10-2 regional win over ORU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU opens with 10-2 regional win over ORU

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

When they've needed it the most in 2011, freshman Andrew Mitchell has come through in the clutch for the TCU Horned Frogs.

Mitchell's performance Friday night -- seven shutout innings against Oral Roberts in the Frogs' 10-2 victory -- was just another dazzling example.

But the stakes were much higher in Friday's outing in front of 3,276 in attendance at Lupton Stadium, TCU's Fort Worth Regional opener. That made Mitchell's dominance even more impressive than his wins at Baylor and Texas A&M earlier in the season. TCU advanced to play Dallas Baptist (40-17) at 7 tonight. TCU's Matt Purke (5-1) will start against right-hander Jared Stafford (7-4). ...

Stafford helps Texas past Princeton 5-3

Juengel, Gonzalez power Texas A&M past Wright St.

Verrett pitches Baylor past Cal 6-4

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Mitchell was awesome. He made quick work of ORU almost every inning. I think he had two 5-pitch innings. Commercial breaks were longer than his retiring of the side.

Houston Frog

Mitchell was awesome. He made quick work of ORU almost every inning. I think he had two 5-pitch innings. Commercial breaks were longer than his retiring of the side.
He had complete control of the game, it was something to watch. I love that kid, gonna be special for us in the next 2-3 years. He just has a dominating presence on the mound, doesn't look lime a freshman out there

cdsfrog

this number comes from gofrogs.com box score which shows that number. I agree it seems incorrect. Maybe that was the attendence for the previous game and they havent updated it? (non tcu one)

cdsfrog

Well I answered my own question. Definitely not the attendance for DBU OU game that was 3241

That being said there were WAY WAY WAY more fans there for the tcu game

According to the TCU Baseball twitter feed, he had 69 pitches through 7 innings. Incredible performance.

Well I answered my own question. Definitely not the attendance for DBU OU game that was 3241

That being said there were WAY WAY WAY more fans there for the tcu game

For attendance they only count tickets sold, not the number that actually showed up. Since most of the tickets were all-session tickets, all of the games will have very close "attendance" numbers.

cdsfrog

For attendance they only count tickets sold, not the number that actually showed up. Since most of the tickets were all-session tickets, all of the games will have very close "attendance" numbers.

I guess, including walkups that paid just for that game you are looking at 5000 plus