• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU misses NCAA baseball tournament, one season after College World Series appearance

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Glad to see you back Pharm.

Missed your insight this season but you didn't miss much.

Saarloos needs to tighten things up. Most of the time he looks like he's been drinking in the dugout.
I have never met Saarloos, but all of his interviews seem lackadaisical and bent on humor.

When have you ever seen Tony Vitello trying to be funny? He's ALL BUSINESS, all the damn time!!!

Trying to be Mr. Nice Guy all the time doesn't work in coaching at any level.
Ask Vitello, or Schloss or Saban or Parcell's or Belichek or Ditka or Hitchcock.........
Your job is to win.
Not play pattycake.

Not going to comment on the Asst HC Bruce - Hitting coach, 3rd base coach / I guess its easier to pick an argument with the fans than look in the mirror.

hometown frog

I have never met Saarloos, but all of his interviews seem lackadaisical and bent on humor.

When have you ever seen Tony Vitello trying to be funny? He's ALL BUSINESS, all the damn time!!!

Trying to be Mr. Nice Guy all the time doesn't work in coaching at any level.
Ask Vitello, or Schloss or Saban or Parcell's or Belichek or Ditka or Hitchcock.........
Your job is to win.
Not play pattycake.

Not going to comment on the Asst HC Bruce - Hitting coach, 3rd base coach / I guess its easier to pick an argument with the fans than look in the mirror.
Really bad take IMO. KS is certainly not a scream and yell type alpha coach that many see as a ’true’ coach. (we are all certainly brought up playing in that era, and is IMO more beneficial in a violent sport like football. I honestly don’t feel like the game of baseball benefits from a coach that screams and yells and plays on fear and retribution to motivate his team.

But just cause we don’t often see it as fans, does not mean that there aren’t expectations in the program or that KS doesn’t jump in anybody’s ass for not meeting them. those are events that should only be seen by those within the program. (But I will say that I have seen more than one mound visit from KS that did not look at all pleasant to be a part of. So I don’t necessarily agree w your suggestion that he doesn’t ‘get after it’ when needed.

froginmn

Worth noting that Vitello's 22 team was the number one overall seed and a massive overall favorite and lost in a Super to a 2 seed. In two CWS appearances he is 1-4.

He's got a claim for biggest underachiever in the game right now.

Paint It Purple

The Frogs do not deserve to be in the NCAA’s this season period. I am happy to NOT be in CS,TX facing Schlos.
Who are you to say this team is undeserving? You face these guys and tell them that. They busted their butts and won 30+ games; having all the metrics to be in the playoffs. You can piss off

FrogBall09

Worth noting that Vitello's 22 team was the number one overall seed and a massive overall favorite and lost in a Super to a 2 seed. In two CWS appearances he is 1-4.

He's got a claim for biggest underachiever in the game right now.
I would take that level of underachieving right now

FrogBall09

He's done a great job getting them to the threshold and has been a mess from that point on.

Imagine this board if we were the #1 overall seed and lost a home SR.
imagine this board if at one point we were #5 in the country and complaining we should be #1 - to then only miss the entire post season.

I get the perspective that Tennessee has "under achieved" in the playoffs in Vitello because they have been #1 and national seed but not won it all - but at least they are getting there consistently. TV has missed the post season 1 time - his first year.

I would take a program that is wrapping up post season bids before the conference tourney and only fighting for where in the post season they will end up - national seed, host or gets pissed off they got a #2 vs one that has to win the B12 tourney just to get into the post season.

We used to be that program - funny how a few years has changed our expectations.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Who are you to say this team is undeserving? You face these guys and tell them that. They busted their butts and won 30+ games; having all the metrics to be in the playoffs. You can piss off
First may I say, lighten up Francis. Undeserving was too harsh. I won’t say underachieving either. Perhaps we got screwed. I am merely a poster on a message board. I am sure that the Frogs are wonderful young men and played their best. Had they won that last Kansas game, I believe they were in. They didn’t ever get themselves off the bubble once conf started.

fanatical frog

First may I say, lighten up Francis. Undeserving was too harsh. I won’t say underachieving either. Perhaps we got screwed. I am merely a poster on a message board. I am sure that the Frogs are wonderful young men and played their best. Had they won that last Kansas game, I believe they were in. They didn’t ever get themselves off the bubble once conf started.

The Massey composite ranking of computer polls ranked TCU 35 and D1 Baseball ranked us 39th....TCU deserved a spot in the playoffs.

fanatical frog

The Massey Composite Index of 14 computers ranked TCU at 35 and D1 Baseball ranked us at 39....TCU earned a spot in the playoffs.

FrogBall09

The Massey Composite Index of 14 computers ranked TCU at 35 and D1 Baseball ranked us at 39....TCU earned a spot in the playoffs.
Over K State and Florida - probably

Over CoC and Lamar - no we didn’t

Metrics we failed to achieve that are standard for a guaranteed spot - 35 wins, .500 in conference and against Q1/Q2 teams

We screwed ourselves by being a bubble and leaving it up to a committee

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
You were both wrong. "Don't forget who you work for" = text message from several schools prez to several members of the committee.
My point is the Frogs didn’t win enough to overcome the committee biases. Nobody died and left the Massey in charge! Hey, I love the Frogs and the coach too. Everyone knows this.

fanatical frog

My point is the Frogs didn’t win enough to overcome the committee biases. Nobody died and left the Massey in charge! Hey, I love the Frogs and the coach too. Everyone knows this.
Fair. My point is we shouldn't have died and left a committee of biased individuals in charge, and that was a mistake that needs to be corrected.

TooColdU

This time of year, I'm usually watching all the other regional games and excited to watch the Frogs play...
Escobar Spe GIF by hero0fwar