• The KillerFrogs

FWST: McCoy takes lead at FW Girls Junior

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: McCoy takes lead at FW Girls Junior

By Travis Detherage
wdetherage@star-telegram.com

Shooting 5 over par might not get you very far during the first round of the U.S. Women's Open.

But on Monday, a 75 was all April McCoy needed to be in first place at the Rockwood Golf Course during the Fort Worth Girls Junior Championship.

McCoy is an 18-year-old graduate of Carrolton Creekview who will attend TCU this fall on a golf scholarship. ...

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/11/3214732/mccoy-takes-lead-at-fw-girls-junior.html#ixzz1RtSxhzji

Horned Toad

My daughter is playing in the tourney. It was so hot yesterday about a dozen girls withdrew. One of the girls in her flight got so hot she started throwing up. This scared the other girl into calling her mom to come pick her up. My girl hung in there and finished the round. I'm so proud of her.

Horned Toad

My daughter is playing in the tourney. It was so hot yesterday about a dozen girls withdrew. One of the girls in her flight got so hot she started throwing up. This scared the other girl into calling her mom to come pick her up. My girl hung in there and finished the round. I'm so proud of her. We are heading out for more punishment I a couple of hours. Her flight tees off at 11:58- brutal.

SnoSki

My daughter is playing in the tourney. It was so hot yesterday about a dozen girls withdrew. One of the girls in her flight got so hot she started throwing up. This scared the other girl into calling her mom to come pick her up. My girl hung in there and finished the round. I'm so proud of her.

when i played in high school i had a summer tourney down in south houston in late july once, with similar results. anyone with tee times after 10:30 AM was not likely tomhave a good round. i was one of those guys with a late tee time and just by finishing i think i ended up in the top 15 or 20. lots of people went home early that day. what some outsiders forget is that lower level junior players dont get a cart or caddy.. they carry their own bag.

Horned Toad

Well she finished 4th in her flight. She's going into 8th grade this year and was playing against mostly sophomores and juniors. Now she she came fourth in the 6th of 6 flights but she really hung in there and passed up several other girls today to get into fourth place and just a few strokes out of third. This is a wonderful program for anyone with a teenage daughter who shows any interest in golf and best of all, all three days are free. There were a lot of future Frogs playing the past three days and hopefully someday my daughter is one of them.