• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Lovings ties TCU record in win over Texas Tech

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Lovings ties TCU record in win over Texas Tech

By Travis L. Brown
Special to the Star-Telegram

When Latricia Lovings began her career at TCU, women’s basketball shot-blocking legend Sandora Irvin not only gave her Lovings blessing but challenged her to break any of the records Irvin set while a Horned Frog.

Saturday, Lovings took one step closer to that goal, tying Irvin’s streak for most consecutive games with a blocked shot at 62 in the Horned Frogs’ 72-57 victory over Texas Tech at Daniel-Meyer Coliseum.

With eight minutes remaining in the first half, Lovings rejected Amber Battles’ shot in the paint, extending the streak. Lovings, who ranks second nationally in blocked shots per game, finished Saturday’s game with two blocks.

“It means a lot,” Lovings said of the achievement. “I’ve talked to Sandora since my freshman year and she’s always had high hopes for me. She told me if I could break any of her records to do it.

“To do that, it’s an honor and it’s very humbling because she’s one of TCU’s greats.” ...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/02/08/5552357/lovings-ties-tcu-record-in-win.html