• The KillerFrogs

FWST: For Tomlinson, trip home is a Super idea

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: For Tomlinson, trip home is a Super idea

By Jan Hubbard
jhubbard@ star-telegram.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- LaDainian Tomlinson did not share his after-game plans Sunday, but he looked like he might be headed for a photo shoot for an Esquire magazine cover.

Resplendent in a charcoal suit with pink stripes, pink-striped shirt, matching vest with a pink silk back, a tie with pink, black and dark gray stripes and a pink handkerchief folded neatly in his coat pocket, Tomlinson was picture perfect.

And he did his best to continue that after the New York Jets stunned the New England Patriots 28-21 Sunday to advance to the AFC Championship Game next week in Pittsburgh. Tomlinson faced a throng of TV cameras and reporters that ran five deep, and although he had incisive comments, he also went out of his way to state the company line.

"It's one game at a time," the former TCU running back said when asked about finally making it to a Super Bowl. "I don't want to get ahead of myself. But we're going to enjoy this one tonight." ...

ShreveFrog

DC also very important in Jets scheme. LT's td catch was a super play, and his running has been solid all year. Great to see him healthy.

How awesome would it be for them to come work out at TCU and earn their Sup rings next door?!

Actually, Irving is hosting the NFC team officially as the team is staying at the Omni Mandalay in Las Colinas. I'm sure there are events in Dallas though. What I find awesome is that ESPN is setting up shop in Sundance Square for the week.