• The KillerFrogs

For you doubters - Here's reason KANSAS trying so hard to leave Big12

Stiff Arm Frog

GDU was less annoying than this clown, I'll give you that. At least GDU didn't just make stuff up.

Actually, if GDU was still around I'd like to see him and this guy compete in an Internet battle royale to the the death.

HoustonHornedFrog

For the calendar year 7/1/2008 -- 6/30/2009, the Big 12 distributed $121,192,164 to its 12 members. Oklahoma received the most, $12,209,800, and Kansas State received the least, $8,374,959. If they had split the revenue equally, every school would have received $10,099,347. The unequal split "cost" Kansas State $1,724,388. The way the money is split has very little to do with the difference in revenues. Missouri received $10,449,437 and Kansas received $11,494,441, so they would have actually made less with an equal split.
Guidestar.org has copies of the form 990s that nonprofits have to file with the IRS. You can confirm these numbers by looking at the Big 12's.
I actually think that those teams joining the Big East is a legitimate possibility, but not for the reasons you claim.

+1
And if you acutally read the entire article, Kansas had the second highest profit for its athletic department as a whole. So when you consider all sports, moving to the Big East would certainly increase the travel costs meaning there would have to be a significant increase in overall revenue to make up for that.

Houston Frog

GDU is an actual human person who is a TCU fan. He just happens to not understand how normal people interact in the world, and because of that, he is annoying.

Aggie Angst is a message board troll who fixates on particular rumors and takes them to the extreme with "facts" and multiple super-long posts. I don't understand him or what drives him to do what he does.

GDU and this doosh are nothing alike.

TEUFELI

GDU was less annoying than this clown, I'll give you that. At least GDU didn't just make stuff up.

Actually, if GDU was still around I'd like to see him and this guy compete in an Internet battle royale to the the death.

This is where I was going. I'm no GDU fan...I just wanna see him interweb bully and whip up and beat down this idiot. Nobody else really prob cares...but GDU would....

mtmedlin

In the past I would have said that Kansas to the BE was possible and yes, they had talked to the BE but there is no longer anyway that it will happen. Beebe was able to come up with the money...
So lets look at this argument. Kansas who isnt making much money in the B12 after expenses is going to be willing to take a pay cut to come to a conference that will increase their travel costs and shun the massive pay increase that the B12 just got and also ignore that the really profitable portion of their TV contract is going to be renegotiated in just a few short years.

BE - less money and higher travel costs

B12 - more money and even more in a few years

Is there really a debate here?

Mike Brooks

In the past I would have said that Kansas to the BE was possible and yes, they had talked to the BE but there is no longer anyway that it will happen. Beebe was able to come up with the money...
So lets look at this argument. Kansas who isnt making much money in the B12 after expenses is going to be willing to take a pay cut to come to a conference that will increase their travel costs and shun the massive pay increase that the B12 just got and also ignore that the really profitable portion of their TV contract is going to be renegotiated in just a few short years.

BE - less money and higher travel costs

B12 - more money and even more in a few years

Is there really a debate here?
No. Now it is time to wait. No ink applied yet. I trust Beebe to "F" it up. If not, we are sweet anyway. Cant wait to finish of the Mtn and get Started in the EAST.

Kiddmetro

The bigger question is, "Why would we (The Big East) want a team like Kansas, KState, or Missouri?" None of these teams really bring value in football.

Houston Frog

The bigger question is, "Why would we (The Big East) want a team like Kansas, KState, or Missouri?" None of these teams really bring value in football.

They are big state schools with large fanbases. Kansas' value is largely in basketball, of course, which is obviously a big deal to the BE.

Mizzou and K-State both bring value as well. They may not be perennial top 20 programs or anything, but they bring TV sets and have football potential.

mtmedlin

They bring quite a bit of value... Missou would have the highest attendance of any school in the BE. All three also are dominant in their market, plus we have no overlap in that market. But I just dont see them coming...Beebe would really have to screw this up and I dont see it happening. I am fine with our 9...would like 3 quality teams but we need to be picky.