• The KillerFrogs

football now

oldscribe

Deion Sanders is in the Hall of Fame. Very fast, exciting player, as skilled at what he did as anyone who's played the game. But I probably hit more people while getting quotes in a postgame locker room than Sanders did in 14 or so years in the NFL Well, almost.

Trelvis

Clown on Deion all you want, but he is still the greatest corner to ever play. Nobody shut down a whole side of the field like he did.

Tucson Frog

Deion Sanders is in the Hall of Fame. Very fast, exciting player, as skilled at what he did as anyone who's played the game. But I probably hit more people while getting quotes in a postgame locker room than Sanders did in 14 or so years in the NFL Well, almost.

Maybe so, but if that is true then he has to be one of the greatest touch football players of all time. :biggrin:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Clown on Deion all you want, but he is still the greatest corner to ever play. Nobody shut down a whole side of the field like he did.
This is true.

Deion said he made "business decisions" about whether to hit or be hit. :rolleyes:

Favorite story about Deion and it was when he was playing baseball. He was in the batter's box game dancing around with his bat waving waiting for Curt Schilling to offer. Schilling got tired of Sanders' antics and threw a heater at him. Sanders got up off the ground and acted like he was going to charge the mound, but didn't.

After the game Schilling was asked if he was worried about Deion actually charging the mound.

Schilling said, "No, what was he going to do? Arm tackle me?"

:biggrin:

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
And Charles Haley isn't.

Another reason that I have far less interest in pro ball than college ball.

Who would you have dropped?

Sanders or Faulk? Both are 1st ballot caliber.

Richard Dent? His numbers were better than Haley, and he had to wait 2 years longer than Haley has so far.

Shannon Sharpe? One of the best TE's of all time. And a position underepresented in the HoF.

The others were Vets Committee choices (Richter and Hanburger) or 'contributors' (NFL Films founder Ed Sabol).

haley's going to get in. He's just going to have to wait his turn. If anybody truly got snubbed it might be Dermontti Dawson.

RufeBruton

Deion is dispicable. He played the game with his mouth. Haley, on the other hand, played the game with everything but his mouth.

purpleshades

Who would you have dropped?

Sanders or Faulk? Both are 1st ballot caliber.

Richard Dent? His numbers were better than Haley, and he had to wait 2 years longer than Haley has so far.

Shannon Sharpe? One of the best TE's of all time. And a position underepresented in the HoF.

The others were Vets Committee choices (Richter and Hanburger) or 'contributors' (NFL Films founder Ed Sabol).

haley's going to get in. He's just going to have to wait his turn. If anybody truly got snubbed it might be Dermontti Dawson.
Chris Carter was by far the biggest snub... 2nd best reciever to ever to play the game only behind the great Jerry Rice. I can't believe he didn't get in on his first ballot.

oldscribe

One of the greatest athletes to ever walk this planet. Cant deny that.
I do not deny it. I point it out and celebrate it. But football, especially at the NFL level, is fast becoming basketball on grass. That's my whole and only point. We have HOF QBs who hit no one, because that's their job. Now we have a DB who hit no one. That was his job. It's the game that has changed.