• The KillerFrogs

Expectations for our first season in the Big East

halfwaytoheaven

The first season of the run at the Oklahoma 47 straight.....

:tongue:

I beg your pardon? We're riding a 13-game win streak as we speak. We should finish the '12 season with 39 (or 40, if the BEast expands to 12 and adds a title game by then).

I expect nothing short of a national title, 22 first-team All Americans and a Heisman.

Kaiser

Hard to predict 2012 when we haven't seen if 2011 will be good or just hyped. But I'd say 10-2 and Big East champs in 2012.

hindry

Since it will be a brand new conference with teams we haven't prepared for yet and stadiums we aren't used to I think we'll drop a couple conference games in 2012 but I would be surprised if we weren't in the title Hunt. In 2013 we should have a good shot to win the conference title and going undefeated in conference shouldnt be out of the question with Pachall possibly being a 3rd year returning starter and 5th year senior.

If our young talent develops and reaches it's potential in a few years our defense could be the nastiest it's ever been with an SEC-caliber defensive line. The Big East ain't gonna know what hit em with guys like Maponga, D. Johnson, Chuck Hunter, Jon Lewis, Pierson, Devonte Fields, McFarland, Matt Anderson, & Blake Roberts reaking havoc at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield. Can't wait!

i listened to local BS sports shows...the whole conference has maybe one nfl caliaber player suiting up 2011

and as i said above..any coach who performs will assuredly and automatically jump up.

i shall hence forth call BE the big easy

fanatical frog

I find it hard to believe that any frog fans really think the Big East is going to be easy....I sure don't.

MTMedlin said a couple of weeks ago (no offense MT) that frog fans are in for a "rude awakening" when we start Big East conference play so I wonder if some Big East fans think the MWC was easy relative to the Big East. It wasn't.

Take a look at the end of 2010 season Massey rankings (TCU excluded):

22 Utah
............28 WVA
29 Air Force
...........32 Pitt
33 San Diego State
.........47 UCONN
48 Brigham Young
........51 USF

Air Force played OU to the final gun and Mizzou was lucky to beat SDSU on a long play just before the final whistle.....the top half of the MWC could play. From the Massey numbers you could almost conclude the top half of the MWC last year was just a skoash tougher than the top half of the Big East. We have a lot of respect for Utah and have the same respect for WVA....but....we beat Utah pretty soundly, so........

The key to winning the championship of any conference is the ability to beat the other good teams in the conference....it's just pretty much understood you should beat the rebuilding teams.

We're not taking anything for granted and we're not cocky about it but most of us believe our 2010 team would have won the Big East....and, considering the uptick in our recruiting over the past several years, most of us are quietly confident about our chances in 2012 when most of those recruits will have grown up.

boonecountyman

I find it hard to believe that any frog fans really think the Big East is going to be easy....I sure don't.

MTMedlin said a couple of weeks ago (no offense MT) that frog fans are in for a "rude awakening" when we start Big East conference play so I wonder if some Big East fans think the MWC was easy relative to the Big East. It wasn't.

Take a look at the end of 2010 season Massey rankings (TCU excluded):

22 Utah
............28 WVA
29 Air Force
...........32 Pitt
33 San Diego State
.........47 UCONN
48 Brigham Young
........51 USF

Air Force played OU to the final gun and Mizzou was lucky to beat SDSU on a long play just before the final whistle.....the top half of the MWC could play. From the Massey numbers you could almost conclude the top half of the MWC last year was just a skoash tougher than the top half of the Big East. We have a lot of respect for Utah and have the same respect for WVA....but....we beat Utah pretty soundly, so........

The key to winning the championship of any conference is the ability to beat the other good teams in the conference....it's just pretty much understood you should beat the rebuilding teams.

We're not taking anything for granted and we're not cocky about it but most of us believe our 2010 team would have won the Big East....and, considering the uptick in our recruiting over the past several years, most of us are quietly confident about our chances in 2012 when most of those recruits will have grown up.
I realize the MWC played pretty good last year at the top of the conference.I also believe that TCU would have won the BE last year.The point I would make is,the BE had it's worst year ,performance wise,since the ACC raid of BC,Miami and VT.Top to bottom,the BE is still a much better competitive conference than the MWC.2011 will be better and 2012 will also improve.

Gunner

I'll make my prediction right now. We have the material and the coaching to win big this year, not to mention Pachall's second year.

Think about it. Brock and Tank are the best linebacking pair in the country. Our running backs are the best. Our corners will be top knotch. Our defensive line is way above average and if Broughton continues his onslaught, we could have the best tandem DE's in the country. Boyce and Hicks and Dawson are way above average receivers. Best punter in the country.

Put all that with being solid everywhere else, not many folks can say that. Now, injuries can blow up any team, but right now, I think we might be as good as anybody...

And one other thing is the wild card. If Dwight Smith is okay, then we might have an All American running back. Not sure James isn't in that category too...

The negative wild card, is if Pachall panicked or started off badly. He has the look of "mean as a snake" with his demeanor, so I doubt that will happen. Pachall basically hasn't played a lick in 2 years, so the first game could be shaky. If we get out of Waco with a win, which I expect, watch this team run.......

SnoopFrogs11

If our young receivers we recruited this year mature by 2012 there's no telling how good our first year will be. We are reloading this year and then in 2012 we are taking out the Big East.

frogman07

This!

The Frogs LB corps are always undervalued by the national media because of the 4-2-5 scheme, but TCU has fielded top 5 LBers for some time now...

+1

IMO this statement rings true all the way back to the LaMarcus McDonald & Josh Goolsby days. If McDonald hadn't listened to that dumbass agent & put on 40+ lbs before running his 40, and Goolsby had had better luck staying healthy w/ his shoulder, I think they would BOTH still be playing on Sundays somewhere. McDonald had 'IT'....guy could straight up ball.....ahhhh what could've been.....(insert T. Blake here also)

EerFanMike

Hey Frogs.

If Bill Stewart was going to be the head coach (legit head coach, not the figurehead of this season) in 2012 at WVU, I'd say you all would most likely at least win the conference.

But there's a new man at the helm now and with our Defensive Coordinator staying on board and a real honest to go forward thinking athletic director, WVU is not going anywhere.

TCU is a great beast of a football program, but WVU has shown it can handle the mantle of Beast of the East in the past and is ready to assume it's role in that regard once again.

TCU vs. WVU is going to be fantastic for football fans, probably will set some ratings records for ESPN whenever they air it (before you laugh, go look at WVU's reputation for pulling in viewers on ESPN primetime slots).

For the next year, consider me a frog fan. I hope you folks see another undefeated season. I want you to do great. In 2012, bring it on folks, because I think we can handle whatever you throw at us, just like you believe you can probably handle us as well. It's going to be fun playing king of the hill, haha.

byuhog

It will be interesting to see how TCU fares in the Big East.

Generally speaking though, I don't think the BE is head and shoulders better than the MWC. They are marginally better in some years(not every year).

I think TCU has earned the right to be reasonably confidant in their football program at this point.

They will probably lose a few this season, but by 2012, the BE better watch out. I expect TCU to contend for the BE title and be in the top-3 teams at least, if not number #1.

The question though will be can TCU handle the road games alright-WV, Pitt, Rutgers, SU, etc..

TCU has the speed every year and defense lately for about the past 10 years to play with about any team. And when the offense is good, TCU is very good.