• The KillerFrogs

ESPN's Bill Simmons bashes Cowherd on twitter

Rabble Rouser

Thought this was kinda funny and interesting because ESPN has a pretty strict no tolerance policy as far as slighting other ESPN employees. I've never actually seen Simmons say anything negative about another ESPN employee even though you know he wants to rip guys like Berman and Booyah but instead he usually says something like "no comment" or "I wish I could say what I was really thinking here." So for him to even hint at the slightest negative thing about Cowterd speaks volumes to me.

"My daughter just begged me to turn off ESPN Radio on the way to school because "that guy's annoying." Tough day for the Herd."- http://twitter.com/sportsguy33

Thought this was KF.c worthy because I thought it would fill the daily quota of Cowherd hate that I see on here on the reg.

2314@work

Contributor
Thought this was kinda funny and interesting because ESPN has a pretty strict no tolerance policy as far as slighting other ESPN employees. I've never actually seen Simmons say anything negative about another ESPN employee even though you know he wants to rip guys like Berman and Booyah but instead he usually says something like "no comment" or "I wish I could say what I was really thinking here." So for him to even hint at the slightest negative thing about Cowterd speaks volumes to me.

"My daughter just begged me to turn off ESPN Radio on the way to school because "that guy's annoying." Tough day for the Herd."- http://twitter.com/sportsguy33

Thought this was KF.c worthy because I thought it would fill the daily quota of Cowherd hate that I see on here on the reg.
:laugh:

He would take that as a compliment. He tries to be annoying. Making up stats. Saying things that are not true. We should hire Gundy to tell him off.

2314@work

Contributor
He would take that as a compliment. He tries to be annoying. Making up stats. Saying things that are not true. We should hire Gundy to tell him off.

Cowchip is destined to be the new lead anchor of the sophomoric Onion sports show. Fits right in with his mentality.

Exactly. He said the other day people hating his show is a complement. His argument was "if people like you, you get no ratings. If people hate you, they can't help but tune in to hear what you're going to say."

If you've seen "Private Parts" there's a scene when Howard Stern goes to WNBC in New York. When his boss gets an update from the ratings guy, he is told that people who hate Stern listen more than people who like Stern. Cowherd uses this theory.

One major problem: Stern knows his audience and knows how to be entertaining. Cowherd is just a d*ck. Thus, he lost me as a listener a long time ago.