• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Dallas: TCU has new uniforms, helmets

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
dal_helmet1x_600.jpg

ESPN Dallas: TCU has new uniforms, helmets

By Richard Durrett

TCU will have a new look when the 2011 football season begins. It's an updated look of sorts for the Frogs, as you can see by the photo.

They'll have two different options for dark jerseys -- the purple top with black pants or the black top with purple pants. The traditional all white TCU uniform on the road (one of my favorites) looks similar, except there's some black added. ...

DaCrief

Pretty plain. Almost look like practice jerseys. But I think they always look better on gameday. Either that or I get so excited about the game that I don't care what they wear.

Limp Lizard

By taking out the Horned Frog, there is room for a larger "TCU" on the helmet, which I really like. Should be a good identifier once we move to the Big East.

The Horned Frog on the helmet was a Francione addition, so it is time to drop it and move on. This is Patterson't team and a new era altogether.

West Coast Johnny

I like the new helmets. The old helmets with the frog were too busy for good branding.

Hate the black piping on the road shirts with the matching under-shirt. Sick of Nike trying to sell underwear as part of the uniform.

SuperToad

Those uni's look plain compared to the one in the media guild. I think the pic ESPN has is one of the "rough models". Not necessarily the final product. Notice there is nor frogskin in the numbers, versus that there is in the media guild pic.

Either way, we should wait to see them in person before we make judgement of them.