• The KillerFrogs

ESPN Bowl Prediction

Virginia Frog

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls

Didn't see it posted yet. They have us either playing Michigan St. or Alabama, and both Schlabach and Adelson have Boise playing in the championship game.

Personally I'd rather play in the Rose Bowl.

Assuming the boys get it done and go 12-0, the Natl Championship passes us over and we DO get a BCS invite...

I think there is no question that a Rose Bowl invite would be (just about) the top of the cake (vs. Sugar or Orange.)
[NYDay, more TV eyeballs, etc.]

...but don't you think that the Sugar Bowl on Wed, Jan 5 in N'awlins would maximize TCU fan attendance?

..substantially closer/drive distance for most...yea, midweek, non-holiday time so leave would be a problem for many. A toss up I guess.

Yea, if the heavens don't allow a bid the the NC game in 2011, the ROSE...that's where we should be.

gdu

Assuming the boys get it done and go 12-0, the Natl Championship passes us over and we DO get a BCS invite...

I think there is no question that a Rose Bowl invite would be (just about) the top of the cake (vs. Sugar or Orange.)
[NYDay, more TV eyeballs, etc.]

...but don't you think that the Sugar Bowl on Wed, Jan 5 in N'awlins would maximize TCU fan attendance?

..substantially closer/drive distance for most...yea, midweek, non-holiday time so leave would be a problem for many. A toss up I guess.

Yea, if the heavens don't allow a bid the the NC game in 2011, the ROSE...that's where we should be.
I'll be wherever the Frogs are, but would MUCH rather be in the Rose Bowl. I'm done worrying about TCU's attendance and that was the only real positive IMO for the Sugar Bowl. We have never played in the Rose Bowl and that stadium is the perfect atmosphere for a college football game.

Planks

Im fine with any BCS Bowl, as long as we're not playing in the Fiesta Bowl against some 8-4 Big East Champion, or in the Orange Bowl against the ACC champion.

gdu

Im fine with any BCS Bowl, as long as we're not playing in the Fiesta Bowl against some 8-4 Big East Champion, or in the Orange Bowl against the ACC champion.
I'm fine with that too. Scottsdale was great and I'd love to, you know, actually win a BCS game.

HoustonHornedFrog

I'll be wherever the Frogs are, but would MUCH rather be in the Rose Bowl. I'm done worrying about TCU's attendance and that was the only real positive IMO for the Sugar Bowl. We have never played in the Rose Bowl and that stadium is the perfect atmosphere for a college football game.

And an undefeated Michigan State team in the Rose Bowl would be a great place to show off. I could easily see that being a 14+ point win for the Frogs.
Look at where they rank in the major statistical categories with only their game against Wisc. being a tough opponent.

Total O 22
Scoring O 27
Total D 32
Scoring D 18

TCU
Total O 11
Scoring O 7
Total D 2
Scoring D 1

TCUdirtbag

I'd be thrilled with any BCS game.
Not sure if I would take time away to travel back to Scottsdale to see us play a BE champ or 1-loss B10 team that isn't Ohio State or Iowa--and even then... I for one wasn't a huge fan of Phoenix. I'd love to go and see us pound OU or Mizzou into the ground, though.

No doubt, TCU would travel best to the Sugar in n'awlins. Students, young, and old alums alike would eat that up. Heck, I know non-alum parents that were planning to go to the Sugar had we been selected for it last year.

We'd travel well to the Rose or Orange, too--who we play would be a real factor, though. Michigan State at the Rose would be okay. Though, we'd pound them.

Genbukan

put me down for the SUGAR!

Bourbon Street, the Carousel bar at the Monteleone, great Cajun food, live music, all night party to celebrate a Frog victory, everything is in walking distance. Nothing like the Sugar Bowl!

Trelvis

rosetwitter.jpg

gdu

Good news, but I don't care what the Rose Bowl reps do; they are only taking TCU if they are forced to.

Houston Frog

If me getting to the game weren't an issue, I would prefer the Rose over the Sugar (assuming the same caliber of opponent), but it would be a lot easier for me to get to New Orleans than LA, and for that purely selfish reason, I would prefer the Sugar.