• The KillerFrogs

Dueling Texas/Aggie billboards on I-30

Stiff Arm Frog

Has anyone else seen the ones I'm talking about? I nearly drove my truck off the road today laughing when I spotted them.

It looks like the Longhorns put the first billboard up just outside Dallas, a big burnt orange advertisement for the LHN telling folks that that's where they'll broadcast the Rice game. The very next billboard shows a bunch of aggies holding up about 6 NCAA trophies, bragging about how many championships they've won (and unless I missed something in the past few decades, I'm guessing those are championships are in ladies soccer and water polo). It looks like some aggie saw the texas billboard, got all puffed up, and decided there was no way they were getting shown up by Texas in the Great Billboard War of 2011.

I can't tell which side is more petty.

Frog-in-law1995

The very next billboard shows a bunch of aggies holding up about 6 NCAA trophies, bragging about how many championships they've won (and unless I missed something in the past few decades, I'm guessing those are championships are in ladies soccer and water polo).
Saw my old A&M freshman roommate about a year ago. He was wearing a maroon and white t-shirt with "TEXAS A&M" and "NATIONAL CHAMPIONS" in huge lettering across the front. I could read it from 50 yards away. This was before the women won the NCAA tourney, and I haven't kept up with A&M sports much, so I was a little confused. I had to get right up next to him to make out the fine print: men's golf 2009. He didn't understand why I thought it was funny.

AggieFrog

Men's Golf '09
Men's & Women's Outdoor Track '09
Men's & Women's Outdoor Track '10
W. Basketball '11
Men's & Women's Outdoor Track '11

As of the end of the 2010-11 season, the only sport not ranked in the entire athletic department is volleyball.

Smitty

Is cow tipping a sport down there? That's gatta be a powerhouse

Men's Golf '09
Men's & Women's Outdoor Track '09
Men's & Women's Outdoor Track '10
W. Basketball '11
Men's & Women's Outdoor Track '11

As of the end of the 2010-11 season, the only sport not ranked in the entire athletic department is volleyball.

Latest posts