• The KillerFrogs

Ducks' dated recruiting data: Honest mistake or mischief?

frogbyproxy

CBS by Dennis Dodd

In documents released Monday, itlooks like Oregon ordered a recruiting service with more filler than cut-ratecat food. Will Lyles' $25,000 tab for his celebrated national recruitingservice in 2010 could be the college football equivalent of Capone's vault.

Original 2010 National High School Evaluation Booklet. This is the type of evaluations sold to Oregon for $25,000. Even I could do better! Maybe I could be a street agent. :tongue:

Evaluation Booklet

I try not to judge too quickly and when it was reported Willie Lyles I just thought it was a journalist trying to make news. But after reviewing little Willies data he sold to Oregon a few years ago for $25,000 I can officially say it wasn't a journalist just trying to make up a story but it's a true story that will be the end of street agents. It's one thing to be a small business trying to make a living in this economy and another thing when you are basically selling players. Normal services charge a flat fee ranging from $3,500 to $4,500 but Little Willie got $25,000 for basically one player Lache Seastrunk

froginmn

Strange - that booklet you link to says "2011" and you list it as 2010.

About 3/4 of the way down is an evaluation of Kyle Padron, who is currently a junior at SMU?

DannyAdelante

I think this is a poor attempt at covering up. The payment is for access to Seastrunk or for Seastrunk's commitment in my opinion.

Do you honestly think the University of Oregon football program would pay $25,000 for outdated information that honestly, hthey could have gotten anywhere for practically nothing? They're an elite program. They're not run by idiots. The only thing idiotic about it is the pathetic attempt at a cover up.
If they had asked the 5ATexasFootball.com forums, they could have gotten a better, more detailed and current list, probably for nothing.

I hope this doesn't happen, because I absolutely love Oregon's style of play right now, but I think Chip Kelly will lose his job because of this, maybe even before the start of this season.

frogbyproxy

You have a little Willie that charged $25,000 for service? :tongue: What Dodd is implying is unless they are paying for multiple years they can get away with paying that much but it looks to him and maybe a larger audience they paid for seastrunk. In other words all they have to do is cook books and lie and they will get away with what looks to be the obvious. :wacko: Someone who disclosed the evaluation book basically threw it together and put the wrong cover sheet with dates which looks poorly on the university and it's compliance department.