• The KillerFrogs

Does Boise pass TCU?

jake102

If Virginia Tech wins the rest of their games and Baylor loses the rest, who comes out on top?

Also assume Utah wins the rest and Nevada wins the rest besides Boise.

Goodnight

That's too narrow of a criteria to decide. However, Boise State needed us to not blow out Utah today. Since we did, no doubt we will gain on them in the polls even more to offset anything we may lose in the computers down the road after playing New Mexico.

Baylor, even after the loss today, will still be ahead of the Hokies in most computers.

An 8-4 Baylor and 10-3/9-4 Virginia Tech won't really have much differential between them. Neither team would have a marquee win, but V Tech would have the bad loss.

BABYFACE

If Virginia Tech wins the rest of their games and Baylor loses the rest, who comes out on top?

Also assume Utah wins the rest and Nevada wins the rest besides Boise.

Are you high? TCU just thumped a # 5 Utah team and this is your first thought. Does the term buzzkill mean anything to you?

jake102

Just trying to be a realist here. It means nothing if we still get passed by Boise and go to the Las Vegas bowl. Or the Orange Bowl.

ACroofrog

I thought there was a chance be it a small one that Boise could still pass us before this game but after this domination there is just no way in my opinion!!!

JogginFrog

And hopefully the Utes will do their part and go on to an 11-1 season to bolster your argument for a shot at the title. If they pair you with BSU again I'll puke.

Because of the Rose Bowl's obligation to take the top AQ if it loses a team to the NCG, it seems that getting paired with Boise now is very unlikely unless it's in the NCG.

If Oregon and Auburn win out, it'll be Big 10 vs. TCU or Boise in the Rose. If either loses, it'll be TCU or Boise in the NCG.

Rose Bowl officials have to be the most disappointed people today -- think they were hoping that they could fill their non-AQ spot with a future PAC12 member.