• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Quick guide to the college baseball season, including where TCU, Texas and Oklahoma State rank

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
1455564709-NS_23tcu12AJ.jpg

Jim Schlossnagle
DMN: Quick guide to the college baseball season, including where TCU, Texas and Oklahoma State rank in hotly contested Big 12 and Baylors new coach

By Wire Services

After consecutive College World Series appearances, TCU is the preseason pick to win the Big 12 Conference again. Barely.

When the nine Big 12 baseball coaches did their preseason picks, their first-place votes were split evenly among TCU, Oklahoma State and Texas.

That tight preseason vote for the Horned Frogs, only two points ahead of Oklahoma State and four ahead of Texas, seems appropriate after the way they advanced to Omaha last season. TCU overcame a seven-run deficit after two outs in the eighth inning against North Carolina State to win its regional, then clinched the Super Regional for the College World Series berth with a 16-inning victory over Texas A&M.

Along with eight players who were seniors last season, TCU coach Jim Schlossnagle lost three pitchers who were picked in last summers amateur baseball draft starters Tyler Alexander and Alex Young and closer Riley Ferrell.

Read the rest at http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/02/15/quick-guide-college-baseball-season-including-tcu-texas-oklahoma-state-rank-hotly-contested-big-12-baylors-new-coach
View the full article

froginaustin

With all those personnel losses, I'm surprised TCU wasn't picked any higher than the middle of the conference by the DMN.

Surprised and impressed. I hope their sports writer(s) know more about college baseball than I do-- wouldn't be hard but can't be assumed for DMN sportswriters.

HoustonHornedFrog

froginaustin said:
With all those personnel losses, I'm surprised TCU wasn't picked any higher than the middle of the conference by the DMN.

Surprised and impressed. I hope their sports writer(s) know more about college baseball than I do-- wouldn't be hard but can't be assumed for DMN sportswriters.

This wasn't a ranking by the DMN, they were just reporting the preseason ranking by Big 12 coaches.

tcudoc

DMN: Quick guide to the college baseball season, including where TCU, Texas and Oklahoma State rank in hotly contested Big 12 and Baylors new coach

What kind of sentence is that?