• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Art Briles - ‘We’re fighting for respect and relevancy’ in the Big 12

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Art Briles - ‘We’re fighting for respect and relevancy’ in the Big 12

By Josh Friemel / Special Contributor
joshua.friemel@gmail.com

Baylor head coach Art Briles recently sat down with FOX Sports to talk about his football team and the TCU rivalry. Here is the entire interview.

Some of the major things that stuck out were Briles saying the team never asked Nick Florence to fill Robert Griffin III’s shoes, that he thinks the Big 12 is the best conference in college football and that Baylor is fighting for respect in the conference.
To watch it on FOX’s site, click here.

Why is it such an evenly matched rivalry?
‘I had no idea the team have met 108 times and it was tied at 50-50-7. I don’t have an answer for that. I just want it to be 51-50-7 in favor of Baylor. I guess it’s because we’re close to each other and we recruit the same kids. There are just some similarities in our programs.’

Was there a flashback of RGIII after Florence’s performance in that WVU game?
‘It was a great atmosphere. West Virginia did a great job. I’m proud of our team. We kept battling and we knew we were going into a tough atmosphere. We also grew up. We’ve got to throw out all the individual comparisons and move on. We’ve worked hard and will be ready for TCU this week.’ ...

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/art-briles-were-fighting-for-respect-and-relevancy-in-the-big-12.html/