• The KillerFrogs

Djokovic beats Nadal

frogs9497

I guess he really was excited to win Wimbledon.

g-110703-cvr-djokovic-9a.grid-8x2.jpg

Limey Frog

that's probably a ball in his left pocket

1. That is most definitely a [tennis] ball in his left pocket.

2. This may be the most rational/logical/sensible/unhysterical post Maniac has ever made -- give the guy a break.

3. If I were Novak Djokovic and that weren't a tennis ball, I wouldn't be too unhappy to have that pic go viral.

halfwaytoheaven

It's always seemed odd to me that tennis players keep the balls in their pockets during matches. Isn't that uncomfortable? Don't they have a battalion of ball boys hanging around who could just toss them a new one?

BleedNPurple

I always keep 2 balls in my pockets! Even while playing tennis - damn proud of it!

Great match by the way! Djokovic broke through a difficult barrier.

tcumaniac

It's always seemed odd to me that tennis players keep the balls in their pockets during matches. Isn't that uncomfortable? Don't they have a battalion of ball boys hanging around who could just toss them a new one?

When you're serving you always want to have a ball in your pocket. If you miss your first serve, you want to be able to immediately grab the ball and hit your second serve. asking the ball boy for a new ball disrupts your rhythm and gives you more time to think about how you don't want to double fault, which inevitably makes you more likely to double fault.