• The KillerFrogs

Denton Record-Chronicle: Argyle kicker Hedlund to grayshirt at TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Denton Record-Chronicle: Argyle kicker Hedlund to grayshirt at TCU
[size="-1"]
[/size]By Adam Boedeker / Staff Writer

If not for a nasty case of the flu in 2008, Chad Hedlund might not be in this position.

It was the District 9-3A opener for Argyle against defending Class 3A state champion Prosper. Hedlund, then a sophomore starting quarterback, came down with a case of the flu during the week and was unable to start, giving way to freshman Austin Aune.

Aune led Argyle to the upset victory, and Hedlund kicked a 50-yard field goal just before halftime for the winning margin in Argyle’s 17-14 win.

From that point on, Hedlund was exclusively Argyle’s kicker and punter, and followed in the footsteps of Ben Parks, who graduated from Argyle and earned a kicking scholarship to Baylor following the 2007 season. ...

Screaming Flea

I have a good friend who owns a national kicking clinic. It's a popular clinic with hundreds and hundreds of kids. I saw him a few months ago and he said then, TCU got the cream of the crop and TCU hadn't even announced Hedlund yet.

He's an ex QB who can really throw in addition to kicking the ball. That means he's a threat every time he lines up. His accuracy and distance are phenomenal. My man said he's just a natural and many of those just don't walk around.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I have a good friend who owns a national kicking clinic. It's a popular clinic with hundreds and hundreds of kids. I saw him a few months ago and he said then, TCU got the cream of the crop and TCU hadn't even announced Hedlund yet.

He's an ex QB who can really throw in addition to kicking the ball. That means he's a threat every time he lines up. His accuracy and distance are phenomenal. My man said he's just a natural and many of those just don't walk around.
Got to see him this past season against Mineral Wells. He's for real.

fdub

how's about we try some fake punts (for once!) with this kid? I'd sure be sweet to pull that on somebody, instead of it being pulled on us.

Dr. Coach Haus

If he can make all his PATs and a good percentage of FG, with this leg and the background everyone here is talking about, we can win those close games in rebuiling.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

how's about we try some fake punts (for once!) with this kid? I'd sure be sweet to pull that on somebody, instead of it being pulled on us.

We have the wild frog. I loved kerley pulling that on Utah and can't wait to see Carter pull it on some more teams.