• The KillerFrogs

Dang Tech gets a top true point guard transfer

Elijah Hawkins, a true point guard, played at Minnesota and had a long list of schools recruiting him including Kentucky, Villanova and Creighton. He is only 5’11” but very quick and averaged 7.5 assists, 1.6 steals and shot 36.4% from three; 10 points and 3.6 rebounds. I suspect @froginmn watched him play.

I assumed he would be too expensive for the Frogs to consider but the Red Raiders got him.

Last edited:

froginmn

Elijah Hawkins, a true point guard, played at Minnesota and had a long list of schools recruiting him including Kentucky, Villanova and Creighton. He is only 5’11” but very quick and averaged 7.5 assists, 1.6 steals and shot 36.4% from three; 10 points and 3.6 rebounds. I suspect @froginmn watched him play.

I assumed he would be too expensive for the Frogs to consider but the Red Raiders got him.
Weird that I didn't get an alert when you @'d me...

Yes I watched him play a bit. Pretty talented kid with a lot of upside. Did seem young at times even though he'd played two prior years. He said he was definitely returning and then left.

I think he'll be a senior with just one year to play but who knows any longer...

tcudoc

All we can get are “untrue” point guards…they’re like, “I’m a point guard” and we’re like, “Well, not in the strictest sense.”

froginmn

All we can get are “untrue” point guards…they’re like, “I’m a point guard” and we’re like, “Well, not in the strictest sense.”
images