• The KillerFrogs

Daily Skiff: Stadium renovations limit single ticket sales

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Skiff: Stadium renovations limit single ticket sales

By Chelsea Katz
Staff Reporter

With the changes to the football stadium, all football season ticket holders would be accommodated, while fewer tickets would be allotted for walk-ups and single-game ticket buyers, Athletics Director Chris Del Conte said.

Although season tickets were at an all-time high during this year's football season, Del Conte said all season ticket holders from last season would have a seat in Amon G. Carter Stadium as it is being renovated. He added that the student section would not be affected by the decreased number of available seats.

"Our students will always have a seat in the stadium," he said.

Davis Babb, associate athletics director for development, said there would be about 33,000 seats available in the stadium during the 2011 season, compared with the 44,008 seats available before the implosion. ...

Hump

boy, I think between parking and moving season ticket holders, next year(2011) could turn out to be a real cluster "fire truck"

Big Frog II

I would not be surprised if the all games are sold out before the season starts. With 6000 reserved for students and 1500 for visitors that leaves approx. 25,000 seats for season ticket holders, We were pushing 20,000 season ticket holders last year. I would imagine the other 5000 will be snapped up by Sept. 1.