• The KillerFrogs

Daily Skiff: Lupton Baseball Stadium vandalism update

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Skiff: Lupton Baseball Stadium vandalism update

By Katie Terhune
Staff Reporter

Police are continuing to investigate the vandalism of Lupton Baseball Stadium that occurred Wednesday night.

The vandals damaged a camera and a headset, stole decals and discharged a fire extinguisher inside the stadium.

Ross Bailey, the associate director of athletics, said it was likely that the vandals got in by climbing over the fence that surrounds the stadium, since the stadium gates are locked after hours. Bailey also said that he did not believe the vandals were TCU students.

"We all have too much respect for university property and university facilities," he said. ...

Pretty easy to get into Lupton at night. I remember you could walk into AGC whenever you wanted.

Back when I was a kid (1970s), AGC was my playground. I used to ride my bike up and down the ramps. Fortunately, they've beefed up security over the years, and kids would never be able to do that now. Of course, now there are no ramps to get on.

InterestedObserver

Back when I was a kid (1970s), AGC was my playground. I used to ride my bike up and down the ramps. Fortunately, they've beefed up security over the years, and kids would never be able to do that now. Of course, now there are no ramps to get on.

We must have grown up together as I did the same thing, though it was more late 70's/early 80's. Still have a scar from riding my bike down that ramp.

allclearforfrogs

Even when I was a student (03-07) you could walk into AGCS anytime during the day. I would exercise by walking up and down the stands. Sometimes I would walk up the ramp to the upper deck and sit up there and study as long as it wasn't windy. If the wind started blowing up there and you had papers it was all over.

beantown82us

In 1977-1981 you could walk into AGCS any time. I remember one of our few wins, over U Miami in the rain. The staduim didn,t have 5k by the end of the game.