• The KillerFrogs

Daily Skiff: Fans get new quarterback, new image

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
4174016335.jpg

Daily Skiff: Fans get new quarterback, new image

By Nathan DeWitt
Staff Writer

Over the past four years, TCU fans were used to the well-spoken, clean-cut starting quarterback and game manager that was Andy Dalton. The right-handed redhead from Katy, Texas displayed the intangibles coaches and fans wanted to see. More importantly he won games — something to the tune of the most in program history.

In 2011, fans will see a different quarterback at the helm for the Frogs. Sophomore Casey Pachall, a highly touted four-star recruit from Brownwood, Texas, might have a different image than Dalton did, with long hair and a right arm covered in tattoos, but he expects to produce the same results as his predecessor did.

Most of his expectations arise from what he learned from Dalton, after having spent the past two years as his backup. ...

DaCrief

"I didn't ask Andy Dalton to fill the shoes of [former QB] Tye Gunn," Patterson said. "All I want him to do is be himself. I was very pleased with the way Casey has handled himself."

ouch...sorry Jeff...i'm sure he didn't mean it.

57Frog

What is the deal with Patterson and Ballard ? Both were great for TCU football at the same time but they sure didn't seem to gee - haw .

whatup1

Good article by the way. I've noticed that Nathan DeWitt has had some good coverage of TCU spring practice. I always see him with Stefan Stevenson at practice. Personally, I cannot wait to watch Pachall. I loved Dalton but I also love the Pachall is going to be so different from Dalton