• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: TCU commits record nine errors, loses to West Virginia

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Daily Oklahoman: TCU commits record nine errors, loses to West Virginia

BY RHIANNON WALKER, Staff Writer, rwalker@opubco.com

Texas Christian couldn't seem to get out of its own way. Playing against West Virginia in the second round of the Big 12 Baseball Tournament, the Horned Frogs committed nine errors, which broke the previous Big 12 Championship record of six and tied TCU's school record.

Unlike Thursday night, when all of the balls seemed to bounce the Horned Frogs way in their 8-4 comeback victory over Oklahoma State, none of the balls would fall their way on Friday.
TCU coach Jim Schlossnagle refused to dwell on the amount of errors his team made in a 10-3 loss to the Mountaineers, however.

“Well, (infielder Jantzen Witte and I) were talking late in the game that if we made one more (error), then there's not room for a 1, so it would have looked better on the scoreboard,” Schlossnagle said. “He said, ‘Do you think they can fit 10 up there?' and I said, ‘I think it flips to 0, so why don't you kick one more, and it'll look better when everybody walks in the park.” ...

http://newsok.com/big-12-baseball-tcu-commits-record-nine-errors-loses-to-west-virginia/article/3834293