• The KillerFrogs

CONFIRMED: We will have a special uniform for at least 1 game this season

hornedfrog17

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Aug 17 2010, 05:23 PM) [snapback]614727[/snapback]
Actually, the post said "it" which I took to mean the uniform.

I don't EVER care about having the last word. I care about the truth. If the last post is the truth, I don't need to reply. Yours wasn't, so I'm replying so we can get to the truth.

....and there it is! I knew you wouldn't let me down GDU!

Bob

You know, in honor of Tanner Brock, I think we need to go retro with leather headgear, and couple that with black jerseys and tan pants. White on white on white sounds so pillsbury doughboyish.

Either that, or go totally pink in honor of our opponents, the Beavers.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Bob @ Aug 17 2010, 07:36 PM) [snapback]614795[/snapback]
You know, in honor of Tanner Brock, I think we need to go retro with leather headgear, and couple that with black jerseys and tan pants. White on white on white sounds so pillsbury doughboyish.

Either that, or go totally pink in honor of our opponents, the Beavers.

I wasn't supposed to say, but.. we're having all pinks for the pink-out game this year (which is against BYU) :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Trelvis

This has been officially confirmed by TCU. They sent out a release

Nike has selected TCU to be one of just 10 college football programs this season to wear uniquely designed Nike uniforms for at least one game. The dates of those games will be announced at the unveiling of the uniforms Sept. 1 in New York City.

The Nike Pro Combat System of Dress uniforms the schools will wear are engineered to provide superior protection and durability, while utilizing advanced fabrics and tooling that reduce weight.

Nike worked diligently with each university to bring relevant elements of the school's rich heritage into the futuristic elite fit uniform designs. The collaborations with the universities produced the highly customized uniforms that will be revealed just days prior to the start of the 2010 college football season.

The other nine schools to be included with TCU are Alabama, Boise State, Florida, Miami (Fla.), Ohio State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

gdu

Boise's gloves:
BSUNikeProCombatGloves.jpg

It sounds like at least some of them (tOSU) will be thrwoback inspired. I heard something interesting about TCU's but am waiting until I get permission to share it.

Trelvis

Boise's gloves:

It sounds like at least some of them (tOSU) will be thrwoback inspired. I heard something interesting about TCU's but am waiting until I get permission to share it.

Cool, but like all the others from last season. I have heard that there will be no red stripe involved with these uniforms.

SnoSki

Boise's gloves:

So it sounds like my throwback + Pro Combat combo may not be so far fetched. I'm excited either way.