• The KillerFrogs

Comparison of Forbe's University Rankings by Conference

Peacefrog

Degenerate
GeorgeLanescaddy said:
I've got no problem with someone making money in oil.
I think you may have missed an attempt at a joke based on a typo. Would help me immensely if many people started making money on oil again.

FrogSwagSurfin

Peacefrog said:
I think you may have missed an attempt at a joke based on a typo. Would help me immensely if many people started making money on oil again.
I'm with you brother. Until just recently I was a causality of low oil prices.

HoustonVeer

These rankings are 11 months old.  Will be interesting to see the changes when the new rankings come out in late July.

The list seems somewhat biased towards private schools.  Smaller classes = higher student satisfaction which is a major factor in the model.

Just from looking at the list, getting into the Top 300 as a public school looks like a decent achievement, while Top 200 as a public school is outstanding.  

Frog-in-law1995

HoustonVeer said:
These rankings are 11 months old.  Will be interesting to see the changes when the new rankings come out in late July.

The list seems somewhat biased towards private schools.  Smaller classes = higher student satisfaction which is a major factor in the model.
Perhaps there's a reason for that.

notyalc

Don't see how you can lump small liberal art schools together with larger universities. The benefits they offer are very different.

froginaustin

masterfrog said:
Depends on how much of the winter he or she has to spend in Chicago.

Spend winter indoors, like Lou Holtz says he did while he had the Minnesota job.

NU is a mighty impressive university academically.  Evanston/Chicago is a really fun city.

froginaustin

pastorfrog said:
Pitt being so low surprises me. They are loaded. I think with Andrew Carnage money.

Carnage's money might have drifted towards Carnagie Mellon University, down the street (more or less) from Pitt.

Planks

HoustonVeer said:

Just from looking at the list, getting into the Top 300 as a public school looks like a decent achievement, while Top 200 as a public school is outstanding.  
This Forbes ranking seems to be much more favorable towards public schools than USNWR is. Forbes has LSU ranked ahead of Baykor and TCU, whereas USNWR has LSU way below TCU and Baylor.

Privates like Vandy, Miami, USC, TCU, Baylor are considerably lower in this list than they in USNWR.