• The KillerFrogs

Comparing Air Force and San Diego St to 21-25 poll setters

frogbyproxy

I decided to do a little check on the top twenty five teams with two loses in comparison with Air Force and San Diego St. loses and rankings.

Remember Air Force was beaten by Oklahoma by 3 points and in their last game against San Diego State they were beaten by 3 however they also lost their best rusher in the first quarter and lost their best receiver around the same time. Both are ranked in the Harris poll with AF being #31 and SD St at #39.
San Diego St losses came against Mizzu by 3 and BYU 3.

20. South Carolina they have two losses one against #5 Auburn and unranked Kentucky. Kentucky is not ranked except the AP which is not used in BCS formula.

21. Arkansas is deserved in my opinion since it has been beaten by top 10 teams both games.

22. Texas was beaten by Oklahoma in the top 10 but embarrassed by an unranked UCLA and the only way to be in the top 25 was to beat Nebraska which was a top 10.

23. Virginia Tech Lost to Boise in the top 10 but give me a break they were beaten by James Madison which is a Div II team. Only consolation is they are ranked by the Harris poll at 23 also.

24. Mississippi State was beaten by two top 10 teams and are ranked in Harris at #27.

25. Miami Fl. was beaten by Ohio St by 12 points and Florida St by 28 points. Florida St by the way was beaten by Oklahoma by 30 points.

How should the rankings look in my own opinion.

20. Arkansas

21. Texas I hate to say

22. Mississippi St

23. Air Force

24. San Diego St.

25. Virginia Tech

Our last half of the schedule is going to be tough except the last game. Air Force even without their best running back last week still gained 312 yards in rushing. They will be ready this week and new back has reps now.

National rankings offense and defense
Air Force ranked #13 in total offense and #47 in total defense.

San Diego St is ranked #16 in total offense and # 44 in total defense.

In Comparison I pulled two top ten teams for comparison to both Air Force and San Diego St.

LSU's ranked #3 in total defense and #92 in total offense.

Oklahoma #17 in total offense and #71 in total defense.

I would truly love to see either Air Force or San Diego St against LSU.