• The KillerFrogs

Colonial G.C. redesign plans

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
That's why it sucks. They've made it so super exclusive that it's basically turned into a tea party.
I think I’d agree with this. The smaller/higher quality promise of this year’s event played out that way. And as a way to entertain clients was great, less riff raff, less craziness. Food was pretty high quality, open bar in the suites. Far fewer randos wandering into your section. Golf? Yeah I think there were some guys playing golf.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Thinking of money and race about an old story on Camp Bowie with no reference at all to money or race. Who would do that? Hmmmmm. Sounds like a racist to me.
Fair enough point, although my comment was in reference to the story shared about the young drunk people dressed in Superman and Caesar costumes vandalizing a golf course and stealing equipment. Just struck me as I read it that there is a very small group of people who would walk away from that with a warning and a finger wag.

Bob Sugar

Supposedly, they told the caddies to tone it down after 13 started to get too rowdy for their liking with people betting on caddie races. Colonial needs to do the opposite and own 13. If it weren’t for 16 in Scottsdale, no one would watch/care about the Waste Management Open. Colonial could/should do that with 13. Build a bridge to the peninsula on the right of the Tee and put bleachers over there. Build more boxes surrounding the green. Make it the most memorable spot on the tour.

But they will never do that.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Supposedly, they told the caddies to tone it down after 13 started to get too rowdy for their liking with people betting on caddie races. Colonial needs to do the opposite and own 13. If it weren’t for 16 in Scottsdale, no one would watch/care about the Waste Management Open. Colonial could/should do that with 13. Build. Bridge to the peninsula on the right of the Tee and put bleachers over there. Build more boxes surrounding the green. Make it the most memorable spot on the tour.

But they will never do that.
I have always found that sponsorship curious. Shouldn't a "Waste Management" Tourney be held in New Jersey?