• The KillerFrogs

College Fastest Players

BeYou

ESPN Insider

6. Skye Dawson, WR, TCU Horned Frogs

An unheralded football recruit, Dawson came to TCU with big-time track credentials. He won the Texas Relays 100-meter dash with a time of 10.43, and went on to win the state title in the 100, 4x100 and long jump. The 5-foot-10, 175-pounder sparked the Horned Frogs relay team in the 4x100 that ranked in the top five in the NCAA for the majority of the outdoor season. In addition, he won the 60-meter title at the 2010 MWC Indoor Championships.

and just for measures

8. Robert Griffin III - however, I don't think the author took into account his ACL injury. In which case, I don't think he makes the list.

TCURiggs

I think Dawson has a big year for us.

Agreed. It sounds like he's been impressive this spring, and I bet he breaks out this year. We have so many weapons at the skill positions. If we can just get average play out of our o-line and QB, opposing D's are going to have their hands full.

tcuhf93

I think that defenses will be on to Dawson running the ball to the outside. We saw a lot of that his freshman year; however, I can't wait to see what he can do taking Kerley's place in the short passing game. I still don't know quite what to expect from him as a deep threat. Whatever he does, I bet he does it FAST!

jake102

Not trying to take anything away but he's really small in person. Kerley looked pretty beastly. Two very different players. I don't see Dawson doing anything that kerley did

tcuhf93

Not trying to take anything away but he's really small in person. Kerley looked pretty beastly. Two very different players. I don't see Dawson doing anything that kerley did

Yep, Dawson is in fact smaller than Kerley, and I agree that they are somewhat different players. I'm just saying that Dawson shows the potential to turn little dinks and dunks into huge plays just as Kerley did. We shall see.

Frogdozer

Skye is small, but he accelerates faster and has a higher top end speed than anyone on the field. You're right in that comparing him to Kerley is a waste of time because they are two completely diffrerent types of receiver. Kerley is/was a shifty slot receiver who knew how to find the holes in the zone and was quick enough to shake one on one coverage with safeties. Skye is the type that straight up burns corners. Pure speed with solid hands and judgement on the deep ball. You can put him in the slot for intermediate throws if you need to, but he's best off running loose on deep routes. Skye is the type that can pose as an excellent decoy on many plays, then produce one or two home-run opportunities per game. And that's not taking into account his value in the jet package.

Bottom line: Don't mistake Skye's size for his worth as a football player. He has great speed, great hands, and most importantly he's a football player first.

TCURiggs

Skye is small, but he accelerates faster and has a higher top end speed than anyone on the field. You're right in that comparing him to Kerley is a waste of time because they are two completely diffrerent types of receiver. Kerley is/was a shifty slot receiver who knew how to find the holes in the zone and was quick enough to shake one on one coverage with safeties. Skye is the type that straight up burns corners. Pure speed with solid hands and judgement on the deep ball. You can put him in the slot for intermediate throws if you need to, but he's best off running loose on deep routes. Skye is the type that can pose as an excellent decoy on many plays, then produce one or two home-run opportunities per game. And that's not taking into account his value in the jet package.

Well said...beat me to it. With defenses having to account for his deep threat ability and still having a beast like Boyce to deal with, we're going to be a tough cover. Not to mention the plethora of RB's we have.

For a Kerley comparison, see Ethan Grant...another one I have high hopes for.