• The KillerFrogs

Cincinnati Enquirer: Dalton makes favorable early impression

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Joe Reedy

Second-round draft pick Andy Dalton and third-round selection Dontay Moch met the media this morning at Paul Brown Stadium. Naturally most of the attention was focused on Dalton.

For a guy who many are expecting to take over from Carson Palmer as the starter, Dalton added one more bit of pressure by choosing number 14. It was his number at TCU but it was also Ken Anderson’s number here. Since Anderson retired in 1986, the only other player to wear it was Maurice Purify for five games in ’09. Before Anderson, Sam Wyche wore it for three years (1968-70).

“I don’t know a lot about him but I know that he played here for a long time and was very successful. It was great to get number 14,” Dalton said. “My best friend’s wife’s dad went to high school with Kenny Anderson.” ...

TCUFrogs

By Joe Reedy

Second-round draft pick Andy Dalton and third-round selection Dontay Moch met the media this morning at Paul Brown Stadium. Naturally most of the attention was focused on Dalton.

For a guy who many are expecting to take over from Carson Palmer as the starter, Dalton added one more bit of pressure by choosing number 14. It was his number at TCU but it was also Ken Anderson's number here. Since Anderson retired in 1986, the only other player to wear it was Maurice Purify for five games in '09. Before Anderson, Sam Wyche wore it for three years (1968-70).

"I don't know a lot about him but I know that he played here for a long time and was very successful. It was great to get number 14," Dalton said. "My best friend's wife's dad went to high school with Kenny Anderson." ...

Good report. Read those comments from the Bengals fans on the blog? Talk about negative fans for their team!

Stiff Arm Frog

Man, those comments are funny. I guess the good news is, at least Andy's not going someplace where the expectations are unreasonably high.