• The KillerFrogs

chip brown says texas to commit to 10 team big 12

Dogfrog

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 14 2010, 09:16 AM) [snapback]577823[/snapback]
Is there any school in America that UT hasn't jacked around yet?

I think we need A&M to stand firm on the SEC thing to force the PAC thing. Honestly, they would be fools to agree to a shaky Big12 where UT has even more power and money when they can grab their seat at the SEC table. The only thing that would likely make this happen is political intervention.

The only way a ten member Big 12 is a threat to us is if MWC schools who would potentially be invited to Big 12 are naive enough to believe that UT has made a forever commitment to it. UT has lost all credibility at this point and any school that jumps in bed with them will get what they deserve eventually. That's why I think A&M goes to SEC. The legislature can rattle sabers but I don't think they can stop them. Besides, Perry is an Aggie and he'll get the briefing from Gene Stallings on how good it is for his alma mater. IMO UT has exhausted their options and they will eventually go PAC 10 or Big 10.

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(Waccy Frog @ Jun 14 2010, 01:59 PM) [snapback]577790[/snapback]
If this is true, it's going to be a long nervous week or two for the Frogs and all MWC fans. For all of you who have been over at BaylorFans rubbing their face in it and telling them that "Karma is a b*tch"....well you may be about to find that out first hand.

Ive been saying the same thing and I have been worried crapless that we are gonna get screwed again. I did take a couple of shots at Baylor, just cuz its been funny, but I still feel they will be just fine. They dont deserve it, but they will be just fine.

macaroni

You have to give UT credit, they are evil geniuses. With the Wednesday hearings scheduled, they have now made A&M out to be the bad guys. And if the tenuous Big 12-of-10 holds, UT will have more power than ever until the time is ripe for them to jump.

AggieFrog

QUOTE(KillerFrog InD KitchenSink @ Jun 14 2010, 08:16 AM) [snapback]577824[/snapback]
Don't you think if A&M leaves that changes things enough to put the PAC-16 back on top as UT's best option?

Yes - Texas is just trying to prevent A&M from going SEC. We called their bluff. Should the worst happen and we continue as a 10 team Big XII it will only be a matter of time until it implodes as well.

If the Ags SECede, then 'Horns go Pac-10 and blame A&M for causing all the fuss (that is, unless the media sees through the BS that Texas is putting out, which is unlikely).

Dogfrog

QUOTE(AggieFrog @ Jun 14 2010, 09:35 AM) [snapback]577857[/snapback]
Yes - Texas is just trying to prevent A&M from going SEC. We called their bluff. Should the worst happen and we continue as a 10 team Big XII it will only be a matter of time until it implodes as well.

If the Ags SECede, then 'Horns go Pac-10 and blame A&M for causing all the fuss (that is, unless the media sees through the BS that Texas is putting out, which is unlikely).

Agree.

desmith03

QUOTE(stevestamp @ Jun 14 2010, 09:23 AM) [snapback]577831[/snapback]
Call me crazy, but is there any reason the Pac 10 wouldn't at least research the possibility of the Frogs going west if the big 12 stays together and/or Ags go to SEC?

A presence in Texas is a presence in Texas.

I don't think the presence in Texas was their primary motivation; they wanted all the TV eyes that UT in particular would bring to their conference. The SEC would be much more likely to follow the "presence in Texas" line of thinking than any other conference, but it still may not be all that likely.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 14 2010, 09:31 AM) [snapback]577845[/snapback]
You have to give UT credit, they are evil geniuses. With the Wednesday hearings scheduled, they have now made A&M out to be the bad guys. And if the tenuous Big 12-of-10 holds, UT will have more power than ever until the time is ripe for them to jump.

And they will jump, which gives the bogus temporary ten member league zero credibility.

hometown frog

Is there any chance that the Whorns pulled all this off on their own in order to get two things accomplished: (1) is to get their own TV network which had been blocked by the other Little 11 schools and (2) force Nebraska out of the league as they were the 'old hat' from the Big 8 and seemed to stand against the Whorns on almost every decision.

I really can't put anything past slimey Dodds and the rest of the UT Regents. If the reports are true that the think they can somehow garner a BETTER TV deal per team with only 10 schools, then this whole effort takes the cake.

In the end I still think that 6 schools head to the Pac 1X and MWC picks up a couple fo extras to get to 12 and an autobid. It was the first report, the strongest thus far and the one I think still happens. (I tend to agree that the Whorns are using ole' Chipper as their unknowing pawn in leaking false info to illicit reactions from other teams to better their position. The Collie lovers just happened to throw up a serious road block to their master plan that's forced them to go into Chipper overdrive.....)

Dogfrog

QUOTE(hometown frog @ Jun 14 2010, 01:04 PM) [snapback]578233[/snapback]
Is there any chance that the Whorns pulled all this off on their own in order to get two things accomplished: (1) is to get their own TV network which had been blocked by the other Little 11 schools and (2) force Nebraska out of the league as they were the 'old hat' from the Big 8 and seemed to stand against the Whorns on almost every decision.

I really can't put anything past slimey Dodds and the rest of the UT Regents. If the reports are true that the think they can somehow garner a BETTER TV deal per team with only 10 schools, then this whole effort takes the cake.

In the end I still think that 6 schools head to the Pac 1X and MWC picks up a couple fo extras to get to 12 and an autobid. It was the first report, the strongest thus far and the one I think still happens. (I tend to agree that the Whorns are using ole' Chipper as their unknowing pawn in leaking false info to illicit reactions from other teams to better their position. The Collie lovers just happened to throw up a serious road block to their master plan that's forced them to go into Chipper overdrive.....)

If all they wanted to do was restructure the Big 12 and renegotiate their deal, they sure took us all for a helluva roller coaster ride.

Froginexile

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 14 2010, 01:20 PM) [snapback]578260[/snapback]
If all they wanted to do was restructure the Big 12 and renegotiate their deal, they sure took us all for a helluva roller coaster ride.

Wonder if they just wanted their own TV network...keep the Big 12 around for a year or so and then out the door for whoever comes next. What does this do to Big 12 recruiting. GP can walk into a living room and say, "Listen, you have no idea where you are going to play, but I can promise you that we are playing in the MWC. Next year, there might be 8 teams in the Big 12."

Anyways, CGP's thoughts are the one's I want to know. How is he doing through all of this, is he hopeful or discouraged where we are? Is he pissed that Schloss put one over on UT quicker than he did?