Chip Brown reporting no Big 12 Network and no expansion

HoustonVeer

ifrog said:

If I was a Houston fan I would be jealous of TCU

Let me get my coat on.

633519250067556317-Envy---It-wears-a-coat-and-hangs-out-in-hallways.jpg

ifrog

Balquhidder said:

BYU will be fine regardless.  TCU fans better hope that the Big 12 stays afloat or its back to the MWC or AAC.  
Why are the Mormons begging to get into the B12? You are the only one proclaiming that mid major BYU is fine after hearing that the B12 said fu.

McFroggin

The Big 12 would be stupid to expand now. It makes no sense for long-term viability with the current teams available.

The logical play is to continue to watch the ACC fall far behind in the $$ arms race. It's happening. The better ACC teams will start looking for more $. This is the next tectonic shift, and the Big 12 is in prime position to absorb the most teams.

The ACC or Big 12 will fold to become 4 big conferences. The Big 12 is currently stronger. Adding weak teams would pull us closer to the ACC in regards to per team $. This is why we are not yet expanding.

Balquhidder

ifrog said:
Why are the Mormons begging to get into the B12? You are the only one proclaiming that mid major BYU is fine after hearing that the B12 said I Love You.

Mid-major? ha.  ironic coming from a fan of a program who can't fill its tiny stadium for games.  BTW, mid-majors don't get exclusive TV deals, win national titles, finish in the Top 25 annually for the Sears Cup and have a large national following. 

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Balquhidder said:

Mid-major? ha.  ironic coming from a fan of a program who can't fill its tiny stadium for games.  BTW, mid-majors don't get exclusive TV deals, win national titles, finish in the Top 25 annually for the Sears Cup and have a large national following. 
n5LiALc.gif

Purp

Balquhidder said:

That "exclusive TV deal" pays closer to MWC money than it does P5 money.

I think BYU's national titles are as relevant to the school's status among the elites of college football as an Ivy League school boasting about national titles.

Sears Cup? Now you're making up championships like Baylor.

National following? An extreme religious minority interspersed throughout the country hardly qualifies as a national following. 95% of the country couldn't give a darn about BYU.

Your delusion is on par with UofH and Baylor.

RedSoxFrog

Expansion makes no sense. Just because the morons who make up the college football playoff committee can't understand that a round robin is actually a far tougher schedule than the 2 division system doesn't mean the conference should expand.

Not sure that is a BYU fan. Just a guy that knows a lot of you hate BYU and is having fun.

About expansion a former WAC commissioner said once, if you are going to expand, expand at the top.

Latest posts