• The KillerFrogs

cheating by Pete Carroll his very own self

I feel so sorry for my boy Lane Kiffin. Why on earth did he leave Tennessee? That being said screw USC. How on earth are they ranked so high? I hope my Huskies put them to shame again.

berryfrog95

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Jul 14 2010, 04:04 PM) [snapback]597496[/snapback]
I feel so sorry for my boy Lane Kiffin. Why on earth did he leave Tennessee? That being said screw USC. How on earth are they ranked so high? I hope my Huskies put them to shame again.

USC and Lane will be fine....just watch and see. Carroll aught to be ashamed tho.....

Punter1

QUOTE(berryfrog95 @ Jul 14 2010, 08:06 PM) [snapback]597603[/snapback]
USC and Lane will be fine....just watch and see. Carroll aught to be ashamed tho.....

Lane is the biggest d-bag in college football. Hands down. No close second.

bullock

QUOTE(Punter1 @ Jul 14 2010, 07:37 PM) [snapback]597616[/snapback]

+ 1.682

QUOTE(Punter1 @ Jul 14 2010, 08:37 PM) [snapback]597616[/snapback]

You're just jealous of how awesome he is! You would trade lives in a heartbeat!

FrogAbroad

One of the commentaries after the article reads, "As probably the only USC fan writing an opinion here, I admit it....we're guilty. However, if everyone else thinks USC is the only institution in which NCAAA [sic] infractions exist, then that is merely a show of pure ignorance."

Yeah...the old "Everybody Cheats So Why Should WE Be Punished" defense.

The commentary is correct, at least to the extent that USC isn't the only cheating institution out there.

But that entitlement-driven, arrogant attitude of "we're not the only ones" as a reason for avoiding punishment is sickening.

I truly, deeply, passionately hope TCU never commits an act that results in another serious penalty; one was enough. NOT because the loss of a scholarship or two is to be dreaded, but because the loss of institutional integrity is to be abhorred. But IF we ever suffer another significant penalty I hope we will not whine "Well, everybody else does it!" as an excuse.

"Everybody else" may well do it. But that doesn't make it alright to do.

joejordan

QUOTE(FrogAbroad @ Jul 14 2010, 11:24 PM) [snapback]597643[/snapback]
"Everybody else" may well do it. But that doesn't make it alright to do.[/color][/b]

Coach Wacker agreed with your statement.

joejordan

QUOTE(Punter1 @ Jul 14 2010, 09:37 PM) [snapback]597616[/snapback]

DeLoss Dodds and Mack Brown (and the entire succession of HC at Taxes since DR) make little Laney Kiffin look like a school boy in short pants.

QUOTE(crunch @ Jul 15 2010, 12:23 AM) [snapback]597666[/snapback]
Mack Brown (and the entire succession of HC at Taxes since DR) make little Laney Kiffin look like a school boy in short pants.

Exactly. +1

QUOTE(Punter1 @ Jul 14 2010, 08:37 PM) [snapback]597616[/snapback]

Ed Orgeron who is on his staff is just as bad if not worse. He tried to poach players off the Tulane team to go to Ole Miss right after Hurricane Katrina.

QUOTE(FrogAbroad @ Jul 14 2010, 10:24 PM) [snapback]597643[/snapback]
One of the commentaries after the article reads, "As probably the only USC fan writing an opinion here, I admit it....we're guilty. However, if everyone else thinks USC is the only institution in which NCAAA [sic] infractions exist, then that is merely a show of pure ignorance."

Yeah...the old "Everybody Cheats So Why Should WE Be Punished" defense.

The commentary is correct, at least to the extent that USC isn't the only cheating institution out there.

But that entitlement-driven, arrogant attitude of "we're not the only ones" as a reason for avoiding punishment is sickening.

I truly, deeply, passionately hope TCU never commits an act that results in another serious penalty; one was enough. NOT because the loss of a scholarship or two is to be dreaded, but because the loss of institutional integrity is to be abhorred. But IF we ever suffer another significant penalty I hope we will not whine "Well, everybody else does it!" as an excuse.

"Everybody else" may well do it. But that doesn't make it alright to do.

I agree with you in that I despise NCAA violations as much as anybody. It does reflect poorly on the university and is downright embarrassing. That is part of why I wanted fired CND after his first year. As far as fighting the NCAA goes, it really depends on the circumstances. If the NCAA looks the other way or barely punishes a big BCS program while beating up TCU, then we need to fight it big time. We need to appeal it or sue the living hell out of the NCAA. It made me sick to my stomach that certain schools like A&M get a slap on the wrist while TCU got hammered hard by the NCAA.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(Punter1 @ Jul 14 2010, 06:37 PM) [snapback]597616[/snapback]

And the guy that WAS the biggest D-Bag before Kiffin, is now coaching the Seattle Seahawks in the NFL.........