• The KillerFrogs

Charleston Daily Mail: WVU, TCU to celebrate Big 12 entry

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Charleston Daily Mail: WVU, TCU to celebrate Big 12 entry

by Mike Casazza
Daily Mail sports writer

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- The Fort Worth Stockyards will be more alive than usual Saturday night when Texas Christian University celebrates its official entry into the Big 12 Conference.

The Horned Frogs are inviting the public to the Rodeo Plaza at 11:45 p.m. and counting down the final moments before they enter their new conference at midnight.

Guests from TCU and the Big 12 will be on hand, as will cheerleaders and SuperFrog, the school mascot. There's even a Merle Haggard concert.

Proof again that everything is bigger in Texas.

West Virginia will mark the same occasion later in the day Sunday with a private picnic for its teams, coaches, administrators and other exclusive guests. They'll all spend some time with the Big 12's incoming commissioner, Bob Bowlsby, and enjoy hot dogs and hamburgers. ...

http://www.dailymail...ts/201206280159

berryfrog95

Article also had link to game between WV-Alab in 2014, I had forgot about that. TCU-LSU in that same year I believe....you can see the SEC-big Xii building that alliance...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
West Virginia will mark the same occasion later in the day Sunday with a private picnic for its teams, coaches, administrators and other exclusive guests. They'll all spend some time with the Big 12's incoming commissioner, Bob Bowlsby, and enjoy hot dogs and hamburgers. ...

Any thoughts on what WV will use to cook those dogs and burgers?

oldscribe

You know, seriously, I've had such good experiences in W. Va. (none of them football related, but hey) that I look forward to being in the same Big-howevermany with the Mountaineers. Their fans are passionate and their state is pretty. Soon they will introduce indoor plumbing, and then watch out!