• The KillerFrogs

CFN Cavalcade of Whimsy - BCS Quote

BigEasyFrog

Feel free to merge with other topics if necessary.

If this situation arises again with us and there are multiple undefeated teams, I'm fine/content not playing for the National Championship. I get the whole scheduling bit where other teams might play harder schedules, but I absolutely hate how it is used as a major crutch against us.

Can pretty much sub our name or Utah with Boise State in the box and you get the idea. Perfectly stated IMO. If you aren't going to do the right thing, don't yank our chains and just say it.

On base/off base with this?

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1013397.html (about 3/4 the way down on the page)
But the computers will probably do the dirty work for them … Pollsters, really, what are you planning on doing about Boise State? The Broncos are doing everything you asked of them this offseason when they were in everyone’s top five, they’re not going to lose, and they’re going to blow away everyone in their path by 30. There might be one “slip” in a 20-point win over a Nevada or Hawaii that’ll give the pollsters a reason, along with the day ending with a Y, and an excuse to keep them out, but it won’t be fair to continue trolling for excuses to vote for someone else. Use the same criteria in the polls as you do for everyone else, right or wrong, and if you’re planning on pushing out the Broncos from their No. 2 spot if Oklahoma, Auburn, LSU, Missouri, or Michigan State ends up going unbeaten, then just tell everyone now and get it over with. And good morrow to you, sir, if Oregon loses and you put the Broncos No. 1 only to yank the rug out from under them when it comes down to crunch time.