• The KillerFrogs

Celebration on TV

Long Time Fan

Long Time Fan
I watched the Rose Bowl celebration on TV. Great publicity for TCU. For channel 8 to broadcast the event live shows that we have really grown in the market. Yes TCU football is a feel good story, but the media in this market won't do anything if they can't make money and deliver viewers. The broadcast didn't show everyone. Those who spoke during commercials were left off. We have won over Randy Galloway. To get Dale Hansen on our side in this market is huge.

A couple of thoughts:

How awesome for Rose Bowl officials to attend. I don't know if this is something that usually happens but what a statement to those officials for TCU to include them and what a message for TCU that they attended. They obviously enjoyed having us at their game and value some sort of relationship or they would have graciously declined. The lady who spoke had mic troubles for TV but she was very gracious and I think TCU made a great impression on the folks from Pasadena. The people in the red jackets seemed to really enjoy themselves today.

I thought it was very classy for TCU to include Craig Thompson. Very classy for Craig Thompson to attend. I had the impression he spoke, but we did not see it on TV.

Mayor did a fine job. Looks like the city is finally on board.

I hope the players and coaches felt the appreciation. DMC looked full with a loud crowd.

How lucky are we to have Brian Estridge and John Denton as the voices of TCU football? They do a great job. Loved the story John told about the crowd noise in Pasadena.

Very nice job by everyone!

Limey Frog

My favorite moment from the whole thing was when the camera panned to a kid in the crowd holding one of those "Seasons greetings from Little Sisters of the Poor" signs. It appeared on the big screen and I saw the Red Jackets chatting to one another and laughing. Oh, to hear their thoughts!

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
A couple of thoughts:

How awesome for Rose Bowl officials to attend. I don't know if this is something that usually happens but what a statement to those officials for TCU to include them and what a message for TCU that they attended. They obviously enjoyed having us at their game and value some sort of relationship or they would have graciously declined.

I have a picture with the portly Rose Bowl official that was front and center during the Celebration today. He stopped by our tailgate earlier this year when they were here. Very nice guy. Although neither one of us were ready for the picture and our Frog hand symbol was awful...

hfrog1211

Craig Thompson did not speak and the Rose Bowl lady had a speech impediment . Very nice lady .

I believe the Rose Bowl lady had no speech impediment. She just didn't deal well with the delay and was trying to wait to hear what she said. It's a problem some people have singing the national anthem.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I believe the Rose Bowl lady had no speech impediment. She just didn't deal well with the delay and was trying to wait to hear what she said. It's a problem some people have singing the national anthem.

Yep, like the ticket soundbite of Ron Mastry of University of North Texas announcing the New Orleans Bowl.