• The KillerFrogs

CBSsports: Army, Navy might hold key to BE expansion

SuperToad

We are talking best football programs for the future well being of the Big East Conf and ARMY plays football like little girlie girls.

ARMY is the biggest laughingstock team in all of college football and would be a disastrous and farce of an addition to the Big East.

Respect for what they do after they leave West Point has nothin to do with it.

Go wave your little flaggie and sing GLORY GLORY
HALLELUJAH somewhere else. This is a college football board !

Wanna talk football? Okay. Texas A&M sucks... I certainly wouldn't want their bunch of premadonna's in the Big East. They'd probably suck as much as they do now, if not worse.

Now, would I want Army in the confrence, No. But im not gonna sit here and belittle them.

AggieAngst

Just food for thought for some of you who think you want to INVITE a legendary loser to Big East and you want Tcu to get married to ARMY -

Prior to 2008 ARMY lost an average of 10 out of 12 games for the previous 20 yrs!

(but let's just look at the last 3 seasons)

No winning seasons

Losses to the following sad sack horsepoop teams -
(keep in mind that a BCS Conf team who lost just one game to any of these sad sack teams would be thoroughly humiliated - while you read this never ending list of ARMY losses to manure trams)

Ridiculous losses by ARMY in just past 3 yrs -

NEW HAMPSHIRE
AKRON (blow out ARMY loss)
TEMPLE (3 times)
DUKE (blow out loss by ARMY)
TULANE (2 times)
BUFFALO
RICE

ARMY barely beat EASTERN MICHIGAN COLLEGE (Div 2) For one of their 3 total wins in 2008, but it took a miraculous Hail Mary pass for ARMY to beat a 4-8 Div 2 team.

Limey Frog

Wanna talk football? Okay. Texas A&M sucks...

ST, this guy is not actually an Aggie. He's the resident board troll/attention Briles. He has many handles, but is generally sniffed out immediately and referred to exclusively as Teabag. I'm not sure why. He's been around longer than I have, and if it has something to do with the slang verb "to teabag" I don't want to know any further detail.

Anyway, assuming that you yourself are not a Teabag manifestation [which is not always a safe assumption] someone should warn you to avoid any thread a Teabag persona originates, and to skip over any post he adds to other threads.

Most active recent Teabag handles are 'Hindry' and 'AggieAngst'. There are many others. Fortunately he's easily spotted. Anytime someone with a stupid user name that makes little to no sense writes an enormous post full of invective and whole words or sentences written in block capitals, that is his work. Whenever two such users have an argument of that nature it is him having an ongoing dispute with himself. It's sad really, but what can you do. The internet is fundamentally democratic. If you have a keyboard and can pay a phone bill, you get to have your say. Fortunately no one can make anyone listen.

mtmedlin

I think we have it backwards. Rather than asking Comcast how much they would pay if we had BYU etc, I think Comcast will be telling us how much they will pay if we have BYU etc. They know the TV value of each and every team. They will come to us with a cafeteria style plan that says "We'll pay you X as a nine team league, X+1 with BYU, X+2 with Miami" etc. That's why we put expansion on hold until 2012. Comcast can't negotiate with us until ESPN's exclusive period is up. ESPN can't really give us a cafeteria plan because they have agreements with almost all the conferences and would be hurting themselves by helping us steal a team from one of their other conferences. They can't call up the Big12 and say "we just helped move Missouri the BE." Comcast can do that because all they have is Notre Dame, but they technically can't do it until ESPN's contract expires. Then after Comcast tells us how much each team is worth to us, we can then go offer those teams with actual TV money instead of our estimate.

I think thats EXACTLY whats going on but there is one more wrinkle...Commisioner Tagliabu. He is an independent consultant and doesnt work for the BE. Comcast can talk to him "informally" all they want. I mean really, if he and a comcast rep are at lunch and Tag was to say, "I read on ESPN that there was an offer of $130 million" and their rep said "wow, I would think that their value would be over $160 million at least". No negotiations with the BE happened and when Tag has lunch with Marinatto....

Nothing says info cant be exchanged, it says that they cant negotiate a contract. If Tag were to get a list of schools that had estimated market value, that isnt a negotiation. With that said, unless Comcast is willing to sign a 10 year $3 billion agreement with the BE, we arent getting any of the B12 schools.