• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Baylor's win over Oklahoma State has Bears on edge of glory once again

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
CBS Sports: Baylor's win over Oklahoma State has Bears on edge of glory once again

STILLWATER, Okla. -- The temptation is to write off the Big 12.

No, really write off the Big 12.

In consecutive weeks, the conference has lost its two remaining undefeated teams -- Baylor last week against Oklahoma, then No. 6 Oklahoma State on Saturday following a 45-35 win by the No. 10 Bears.

What do they say about losing late? Don't. It was an unsettling glimpse at College Football Playoff cannibalism. All three Big 12 contenders now have one loss.

It becomes easy, then, to ignore the Big 12 like it was 2014 … except you can't. ...

Read the rest of this article at http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25384894/baylors-win-over-oklahoma-state-means-bears-once-again-on-edge-of-glory

EdKamen

Hahahaha!

Edge of glory?

If OU beats OSU, which is very likely, and Baylor beats TCU, which I don't think is going to happen, then ...

... the Bears will STILL not only NOT make the playoff, but won't even win the Big 12.

Sweetness.

If OU loses and Baylor wins I hope TCU doesn't let them do the trophy presentation in our stadium. That would be the biggest nail in the coffin for recruiting and burn/zing on any TCU-Baylor fan conversation. The pictures alone would be horrific.

texasrobster1997

Despite the odds Frog said:
If OU loses and Baylor wins I hope TCU doesn't let them do the trophy presentation in our stadium. That would be the biggest nail in the coffin for recruiting and burn/zing on any TCU-Baylor fan conversation. The pictures alone would be horrific.
Baylor could still lose to Texas so this would not happen...correct?

FinanceFrog

OU/OSU game isn't until Saturday.

Moose Stuff

Would be odd to give them the trophy before their regular season is over.

purplepreacher

The worst scenario is for our hit on Mayfield to cause OU to lose to OSU, us to lose to BU, and BU wins the title and goes to the championship.  Talk about making the Frog Forum squirm.

Limey Frog

Good news. You know what consistently happens to BU football after it reaches the edge of glory...

giphy.gif