• The KillerFrogs

Can ESPN read a schedule?

So they are flashing up a Boise State graphic on SportsCenter after the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas highlights, and it talks about leaving seniors and all this. So the last bullet point is "Notable 2011 Opponents." Here's who they list: Georgia, Nevada, Fresno State.

OK super sleuths, what's wrong with this picture?

stell91

Hah wow they really said that? Nevada won't be the same without Kaepernick and Fresno State doesn't really qualify as a notable opponent...

I feel like I should be upset but I'm just so over ESPN. They disrespect and ignore us constantly and I'm kind of just numb to it. It takes some real venom from ESPN to really get me upset.

gdu

Or is it possible that they didn't realize Boise would be playing TCU since they thought they were still gonna be in the WAC?

I doubt boise would play nevada and fresno ooc next year.

Maybe it has nothing to do with taking a shot at TCU and everything to do with being a moron.

2314@work

Contributor
I don't know leaving TCU off that list is really a shot from ESPN.
It's either a shot or just plain lazy, piss-poor preparation, typical for TV sports pundits and grab-[Craig James] studio shows. Uh, neither of the two is good. So, PB, since you didn't offer your opinion, I am guessing you think they were just too stupid to mention Boise's toughest opponent in 2011.

leofrog

Or is it possible that they didn't realize Boise would be playing TCU since they thought they were still gonna be in the WAC?

I doubt boise would play nevada and fresno ooc next year.

Maybe it has nothing to do with taking a shot at TCU and everything to do with being a moron.

Boise State finalizes 2011 schedule
November, 1, 2010 Nov 17:33PM ETEmail Print Comments By Andrea AdelsonBoise State will play Nevada and Fresno State in 2011, filling out its non-conference schedule.

The Broncos will host the Wolf Pack on Oct. 1 and the Bulldogs on Oct. 8. Boise State leaves the WAC to join the Mountain West in 2011. But a ruling last week forces Nevada and Fresno State to wait until 2012 before joining the Mountain West, so it was expected that the schools would try to partner up to fill their scheduling holes.

Boise State’s non-conference schedule for next season also includes games at Ole Miss on Sept. 3, at Toledo on Sept. 1 and home against Tulsa on Sept. 24.