• The KillerFrogs

Bring Back the Lariats

BIG DADDY

Tio, the administration (not sports marketing) would really like this subject to go away. The family that runs the horn is making the administration happy and goes way above and beyond their call. The "Rangers" from last year were from sports marketing and I assume they will be back. They have nothing to do with the horn except stand down by it.

For those who want the Lariats back here is some advice. LET IT GO !!!!!!

GO FROGS

BIG DADDY

tcudoc

I agree. The Frog Horn is in good hands and there is no need for change. I have met the people who run it and they have a great amount of knowledge and pride and do a great job. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
QUOTE(crunch @ Jul 1 2010, 02:05 PM) [snapback]592027[/snapback]
Wranglers. It's also a gay bar in Berlin.

Have to take your word for that!

Pinkyfrog

This is very true, basically some frat guys wanted to be on the field, so met up with athletics marketing who made up a (dumb) reason to be on the field. They probably did it to gain more attendance at the non-revenue sports games if I had to guess, it's easy having a good relationship with some frat guys who can make the rest of them swipe their cards to a game to bolster numbers

QUOTE(BIG DADDY @ Jul 1 2010, 10:36 PM) [snapback]592321[/snapback]
Tio, the administration (not sports marketing) would really like this subject to go away. The family that runs the horn is making the administration happy and goes way above and beyond their call. The "Rangers" from last year were from sports marketing and I assume they will be back. They have nothing to do with the horn except stand down by it.

For those who want the Lariats back here is some advice. LET IT GO !!!!!!

GO FROGS

BIG DADDY

Redfrog

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Jul 2 2010, 04:46 AM) [snapback]592346[/snapback]
This is a joke topic right? Those losers were completely useless.

Losers? They ran the Greek System!!

East Coast

Tier 1
QUOTE(RSF @ Jul 1 2010, 07:11 PM) [snapback]592032[/snapback]
I agree. bring back The Lariats.
Does the rifle team use live ammo?

My sentiments exactly!

BIG DADDY

QUOTE(Redfrog @ Jul 5 2010, 12:06 AM) [snapback]593155[/snapback]
Losers? They ran the Greek System!!

That isnt saying much. I know that at one time the greek was something big, but these days it isnt as big a deal. There are more GDI's on campus now then ever. I am not saying that it is a bad thing but it isnt what it used to be, which i think is a good thing for the university.

GO FROGS

BIG DADDY

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Jul 1 2010, 11:46 PM) [snapback]592346[/snapback]
This is a joke topic right? Those losers were completely useless.

It is a joke every summer on this board for the last 15 years.

joejordan

QUOTE(SoonerFrogs @ Jul 5 2010, 02:55 PM) [snapback]593266[/snapback]
i was a GDI in my days at TCU and it was fantastic

It's summer, go ahead and tell us how fantastic it was...

Why can't the Rangers / Lariats get something else to help make noise at the games? Maybe get a bell (as long as they don't act like the dumb bell ringer at Tech) or a big triangle that makes a lot of noise. Ring it on 3rd or 4th down or during a visiting team free throw at a basketball game. The fact of the matter is that the people that run the Frog Horn do a good job at it. My step father in his day used to tell me as a kid that you can't argue with success. That certainly applies to the people that run the Frog Horn.

joejordan

QUOTE(Horned Frog Country @ Jul 5 2010, 05:25 PM) [snapback]593313[/snapback]
Why can't the Rangers / Lariats get something else to help make noise at the games? Maybe get a bell (as long as they don't act like the dumb bell ringer at Tech) or a big triangle that makes a lot of noise. Ring it on 3rd or 4th down or during a visiting team free throw at a basketball game. The fact of the matter is that the people that run the Frog Horn do a good job at it. My step father in his day used to tell me as a kid that you can't argue with success. That certainly applies to the people that run the Frog Horn.

How about guys in purple/white striped conductor uniforms frantically ringing a triangle. Riff Ram...

Houston Frog

QUOTE(crunch @ Jul 5 2010, 08:58 PM) [snapback]593355[/snapback]
How about guys in purple/white striped conductor uniforms frantically ringing a triangle. Riff Ram...

This made me laugh

Nothing says big-time college football like conductor uniforms and triangles.

RIFF RAM!!!