• The KillerFrogs

Boston Globe: Cannon to guard - good move?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Boston Globe: Cannon to guard - good move?

Posted by Shalise Manza Young

The Marcus Cannon story that ran Monday was long (hopefully not too long!), but there was a lot that wasn't able to be written into the article. One of the things that has been discussed is Cannon's move to guard after playing right and left tackle at TCU. Here's what Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson had to say about the prospect:

"In fact, I’ve always told him here that I thought that might be his best position. He has the feet to be able to play on the edge but he has the mass to play inside and maybe early even be a guy that can get on the field quicker by being an inside player before he plays tackle. But every team’s different and I don’t like when people tell me how I need to do it, so definitely I wouldn’t tell the Patriots how to do their job."

Told that the Pats do have a need at the position, he replied, "That explains then why they went for Marcus Cannon." ...

Froggle Rock

With everything that Cannon has gone through this past month, It's really cool to see that the Patriots fans and media are embracing him so fully. Definitely hate the Pats a lot less now.