• The KillerFrogs

Biggest suprise in 2011...

I cant wait for the football season so i am looking back at our 2010 signing class and I wanted to see some prediction on who do you think will have the most impact. Also, what the heck happen to Curtis Carter? I dont see him on the roster..

pgdaly84

I don't know about surprises, but the two players who I think will have the biggest impact are LaDarius Brown and Brandon Carter. Both are ESPN 4-stars. Brown was one of the Top 100 players in the country by Rivals and ESPN. Carter looks so much like Kerley on tape that it's scary. Don't wanna put that kind of pressure on a true freshman, but it's true. He's a really advanced route runner for a high school WR, has a Kerley-esque knack for getting open quickly, and will probably see quite a few snaps in the slot. They will make the biggest impact for two reasons: 1) They're incredibly talented (I think Brown is the highest rated recruit of the Patterson era) 2) They play a position that was hit really hard by all the graduating seniors. We lost a TON of talent at WR. Clay, Johnson, Young, and Kerley. We will need these two guys to contribute as true freshmen to help out Boyce, Hicks, Dawson, et al.

jake102

Have to be tge two WR mentioned. Not many, if any other frosh will play.

I hope Carter can take over the Kerley role. While Kerley wasn't fast in the 40, he was almost always the fastest guy on the field once he had the ball. Nobody was quicker.

asleep003

Either Dwight Smith or Andre Dean become the real deal... No disrespect to Tucker or Wesley- we already know how good they are...

Waymon James also might have a say so or 2 about that.

If you really believe that... wouldn't it make a little sense to move one of the star RBs, who's a good blocker, experienced, speed, hands at that slot position that seems so ready for someone to swoop down and grab it up....

Endless Purple

Don't have a clue about the freshmen.

Would love to see some more plays with two backs. Either Smith/Dean matched up with Wesley or James. Get that D stacked up close to open up those receivers for big plays. Then pound them when they back off - plain good old fashioned football.

neutral observer

Despite losing 26 seniors, the 2011 will win 11 games and flirt with the BCS before losing out to Boise. The 2012 team will win the Big East in its first season and play in the Orange Bowl.

jake102

I forgot about Dwight. If he makes grades and stays healthy and reduces fumbles and learns to block in pass protection he will get a lot of touches.

Endless Purple

Despite losing 26 seniors, the 2011 will win 11 games and flirt with the BCS before losing out to Boise. The 2012 team will win the Big East in its first season and play in the Orange Bowl.
You think TCU would get passed over by the Fiesta and Sugar? Orange bowl has last pick - hope we don't end up there, but I guess it also depends on who the other options are.

SnoSki

I think that the biggest surprise will be that Pachall will have an excellent season, with at least 2x as many TDs as INTs. I don't think a 18/9 or better ratio is out of the question.

Limp Lizard

Oh, by "Biggest Suprise" you meant players.
blush.gif

I was going to say the biggest surprise would be everyone on this board would be respectful of one another, and harmony shall reign on this board. Nah, It'll never happen.
dry.gif

frogbyproxy

I think that the biggest surprise will be that Pachall will have an excellent season, with at least 2x as many TDs as INTs. I don't think a 18/9 or better ratio is out of the question.

He passes for over 3,000 yards in his first season at the helm allowing him to run for another 1,200 yards.

Latest posts