• The KillerFrogs

Bengals Trade Palmer

Stiff Arm Frog

FANTASTIC news. Jeez, and I thought Oakland's front office decisions could only improve after Al Davis died. Are we sure that Davis' dessicated corpse isn't still their chief executive?

cdsfrog

WOW!

What a horrible trade. 2 first rounders for a slightly above average QB who is past his prime. He had great years in 05 and 06, but in the last 4 seasons (07-10) his average QB rating was 80.4. And he has thrown alot of int's the last couple of seasons also. Plus coming into a team and starting off the bat in the middle of the season he will be clueless about their system.

Cinicinati is the clear winner of this trade.

Its the raiders....are you surprised?

Houston Frog

You obviously don't know much about the Bengals and Mike Brown. For starters, he is the GM...

I didn't realize he made all the personnel decisions. Yeah, that's basically the only way you can assure yourself of your team perenially sucking in the NFL..... the playing field is level otherwise

jake102

I didn't realize he made all the personnel decisions. Yeah, that's basically the only way you can assure yourself of your team perenially sucking in the NFL..... the playing field is level otherwise

To be perenially mediocre all you have to do is hire Gary Kubiak and get yourself a mediocre quarterback. Doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is.

cdsfrog

He has to pass a physical first for the deal to be finalized but if he really has been training all off-season he should easily pass.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/10/18/2498195/carson-palmer-trade-oakland-raiders

An-Cap Frog

He has to pass a physical first for the deal to be finalized but if he really has been training all off-season he should easily pass.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/10/18/2498195/carson-palmer-trade-oakland-raiders

What are they going to do when they find out he has no cojones?

TronCarter

Apparently the 2nd first rounder, in 2013 draft, is conditional on whether he has cajones or not. Only thing that's guaranteed is the 1st rounder in 2012. At least according to ESPN

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Deal's official. 1st rounder in '12, 2nd in '13. 2013 pick becomes a 1st rounder if Raiders win a 2011 playoff game.

Considering that Marvin Lewis would have been happy with a #2 last summer, this deal is really a steal for the Bengals.

Houston Frog

By comparison (about as close a comparison I can think of).... the Texans traded two 2nd round picks for a 25 year old Matt Schaub

Carson Palmer will be 32 in December