• The KillerFrogs

BE THE COCKROACH…

4 Oaks Frog

Sixty-two years ago to the month, on November 1, 1961, legendary head coach, Daryl Royal brought his Texas University Longhorns into Amon Carter Stadium undefeated ready to claim the National Championship. That day the unranked TCU Horned Frogs messed up everything for Coach Royal’s plans by delivering a 6-0 shut-out to the the bit less than mighty Longhorns.
Royal later compared TCU to cockroaches.

“We had something that was in our reach, something for all time. That balloon was popped,” said Texas Coach Darrell Royalin the Nov. 21, 1961, issue of the Austin Statesman.

Royal had a few more choice words at his post-game party in Austin’s Villa Capri Motel, including an enduring quip that compared TCU to a cockroach falling into something and ruining it. The coach repeated variations of the gibe at various banquets that winter.

We have the opportunity to do this once again. At 6:30PM this Saturday, November 11, 2023 let’s turn the cockroach’s loose on the Big Orange Cow!

GO FROGS!
BEAT THE BIG ORANGE COWS!
Spit Blood ~~<~< and be the Cockroach!!

Last edited:
Sixty-two years ago to the month, on November 1, 1961, legendary head coach, Daryl Royal brought his Texas University Longhorns into Amon Carter Stadium undefeated ready to claim the National Championship. That day the unranked TCU Horned Frogs messed up everything for Coach Royal’s plans by delivering a 6-0 shut-out the the bit less than mighty Longhorns.

“We had something that was in our reach, something for all time. That balloon was popped,” said Texas Coach Darrell Royalin the Nov. 21, 1961, issue of the Austin Statesman.

Royal had a few more choice words at his post-game party in Austin’s Villa Capri Motel, including an enduring quip that compared TCU to a cockroach falling into something and ruining it. The coach repeated variations of the gibe at various banquets that winter.

We have the opportunity to do this once again. At 6:30PM this Saturday, November 11, 2023 let’s turn the cockroach’s loose on the Big Orange Cow!
At least we know this team is probably capable of scoring 6. I am assuming it is a touchdown with a missed extra point based on Kell's recent performances...

FrogCop19

Let’s pray for the D!
GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

namollec

I'm bringing my longhorn brother to the game. Told him it will be the last time for those guys at the Carter ever.
So I'm hoping for a game where Sark (or whoever) says they never, ever want to come back.

Gringo1873

I'm bringing my longhorn brother to the game. Told him it will be the last time for those guys at the Carter ever.
So I'm hoping for a game where Sark (or whoever) says they never, ever want to come back.

This probably isn't true. There is a good chance that we will play Texas again in the first round of the college football playoff, which can be at your home stadium.

Sixty-two years ago to the month, on November 1, 1961, legendary head coach, Daryl Royal brought his Texas University Longhorns into Amon Carter Stadium undefeated ready to claim the National Championship. That day the unranked TCU Horned Frogs messed up everything for Coach Royal’s plans by delivering a 6-0 shut-out to the the bit less than mighty Longhorns.

GO FROGS!
BEAT THE BIG ORANGE COWS!
Spit Blood ~~<~< and be the Cockroach!!
The game was in Austin.

Thanks for the correction, Frogno! You are always good to catch my mistakes.Thought it was AGC. I was only 12 at the time and not at the game, so memory of way back then is a bit sketchy sometimes…
No big deal. The only reason I knew about it was because the couple I sat next to before the stadium renovation got married that same day and told me about it. The husband went to UT and she was a TCU alum.

westoverhillbilly

As I remember, Royal said something to the effect that a cockroach is pretty harmless except that it can fall into something and ruin it. TCU won again in Austin in 1965 and 1967 then had a 25 year continuous loss streak that ended in Fort Worth in 1992.