• The KillerFrogs

BE, one of two "weak sisters" of the BCS?

Outside of USC, no other Pac 10 team (excluding Washington in91) has had a number 1 ranking in the past 50 years. I dont understand what has made that conference a powerhouse in the eyes of voters. Besides USC, they are all a bunch of underachievers in my eyes. Oregon had a great run last year, but I think we were the better team. Everyone said Wisconsin was the best team ending the regular season this past year and we know how that one ended. I dont understand how the voters can continue to keep TCU out of the National Championship picture even if the BE is a weaker conference.

Houston Frog

This is just like all the people trying to say definitively before last season which one of us (TCU or Boise) would finish ranked higher if we both went undefeated. It is based on how each team looks in going undefeated, not just whether they go undefeated. Also, who did each team play OOC? How did each team's respective conference do in their OOC matchups that season? What was our average margin of victory, 29 points or 9 points?

All things being equal, a Big 10 or PAC 12 champ will go over a Big East champ in most years, but it will depend on too many variables to say concretely right now. If Mich St squeaks by a bunch of teams and plays no one in their OOC, while TCU beats the dogcrap out of everyone and knocks off OU and UVA in their OOC, I think we'd have a pretty decent shot at getting selected over them. Then again, that would depend on the strength of each conference that particular year though.

Virginia Frog

VT lost to Boise and William & farking Mary last year, then swept the ACC and finished in the top 20.
FACT CHECK PLEASE...
VaTech did NOT lose to "Bill and Mary" in '10 (It was James Madison...)

UVA lost to W&M the week before we played them in Charlottesville in '09.

JMU (they are not really a sorry team) was Div 1-AA Natl Champs a few years ago. W&M blows - VaTech's scout team would whip them!