• The KillerFrogs

AP: Oklahoma State booster T. Boone Pickens rips Notre Dame, BYU as Big 12 talk heats up

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: Oklahoma State booster T. Boone Pickens rips Notre Dame, BYU as Big 12 talk heats up

The Associated Press

With the earlier loss of Texas A&M to the Southeastern Conference and the talk Friday by Oklahoma's president about possibly leaving the Big 12 Conference, there were plenty of conversations Saturday about the fate of the Big 12 in the coming years. From Oklahoma State billionaire booster T. Boone Pickens to Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott, the talk heated up on the first full day of college football.

Before Oklahoma State's home opener, Pickens said he didn't think the Big 12 will be around in five years and believes the Cowboys eventually will end up in what's now the Pac-12.

Pickens said TCU would be the logical choice if the Big 12 wants to add a 10th team after A&M's departure. He said Notre Dame and BYU wouldn't be good fits for the conference.

"Notre Dame already has a network and they're damaged merchandise, as far as I'm concerned," Pickens said. "I don't want Notre Dame. And BYU? Who in the hell knows where Provo, Utah, is? The natural one is TCU. So, if that's it, do it and go forward. ...

Atomic Frawg

Pickens talks out of both sides of his mouth and needs to shut up. He is on video dogging us out about how we don't add to the conference and can't fill our stadium and how he doesn't want us, but now we're that obvious choice.

He needs to go sit his old [Craig James] down and have some Tapioca Jell-o brand instant pudding. Hypocrite.

count_biffula

The OSU admin for one. T Bone can influence OSU vote.
I still do not want the Frogs anywhere near the Longhorn League.

TCU is sitting pretty where it's at(or will be in 2012). Joining the Big 12 would not be advantageous at this point. I think CDC and TCU knows that as well. I just cant wait for Baylor to be sucking the hind teet when it all implodes.

Dogfrog

Let me get this straight. Pickens thinks the Big 12 won't exist in five years. But he somehow thinks TCU would jump at the chance to join the dying league????

Atomic Frawg

This man's hypocrisy no no end. Just last year he dissed us and the PAC 10. Maybe he forgot the tape was rolling:

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/15/1647264/thankfully-someone-put-t-boone

asleep003

Let me get this straight. Pickens thinks the Big 12 won't exist in five years. But he somehow thinks TCU would jump at the chance to join the dying league????

He thinks "TCU would be the logical choice"..... and yes, just after giving his farewell to the conference. Think it's time for the rocking chair on the porch part of Picken's life.

God bless him

Latest posts