• The KillerFrogs

Anything going on with basketball recruiting?

Coach Pattersons Dog

At least Mittie is recruiting. Maybe Christian is scouting the local YMCA.
ph34r.gif

The Scout site has a section for "Hot News" under the basketball recruiting tab. When you click on this section you get a message that says, "No Hot News is currently available." I think that pretty much sums it up right now.

With Yeager gone, Hill graduating, Ronnie's future in question we have a serious problem at the 2 spot. Plus with Thorns going into his senior year both guard spots are in serious need. I would hope that the idea of being a starting PG or SG in the BE would appeal to someone out there and two players that I have been tracking are PG Shaq Stokes, whom Iowa and UNLV have also offered and 6'5 SG Josh Richardson who is a fairly recent offer and ranked as the No. 121 player in the country by rivals. He has several [Deleted] offers. Ben Dillard from Frisco could also be a target. Ben's dad is an assistant at Iowa though.

As for Big men to replace Gacesa, 6'9 Juco forward David Bruce is a guy that had a few BE offers out of HS including Pitt and Villanova. Not sure how much interest he has in the Frogs, but we are at least a team of interest on his rivals profile.

nayr150

As for Big men to replace Gacesa, 6'9 Juco forward David Bruce is a guy that had a few BE offers out of HS including Pitt and Villanova. Not sure how much interest he has in the Frogs, but we are at least a team of interest on his rivals profile.

What should be the appropriate HS/Juco mix? Talent/needs are probably the biggest drivers for who we recruit, but are a lot of Jucos the right way to go to sustain a program? Seems like we've had a ton of Jucos lately without much success. Football, while different, seems to use Jucos sparingly.

SeniorFrog

With Yeager gone, Hill graduating, Ronnie's future in question we have a serious problem at the 2 spot. Plus with Thorns going into his senior year both guard spots are in serious need.

As for Big men to replace Gacesa...

Seems like we need a miracle class.

The signing period is from April 13, 2011 to May 18, 2011. I hope he can get it done.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
On the women's side, Colbert is a lefty post player with a decent midrange game. Not sure how she'll handle the athletic posts in the Big East. Ventress is a good, athletic guard.

What should be the appropriate HS/Juco mix? Talent/needs are probably the biggest drivers for who we recruit, but are a lot of Jucos the right way to go to sustain a program? Seems like we've had a ton of Jucos lately without much success. Football, while different, seems to use Jucos sparingly.

Of course the ideal would always be to get four year players. It takes any new player some time to come in, learn the offense and defensive assignments, plays, and develop chemistry. If a Freshman comes in and it takes him awhile to get it, you still have years to work with. If a Juco has a tough time picking things up the window of opportunity to contribute is much smaller. Tougher to build good chemistry when you are rotating players out every two years as well.

Still some of TCU's best players have been JUCOs, especially in the Tubbs era.

The fall signing period has come and gone the vast majority of the quality HS players are off the board so we might not have much choice if we are going to get a quality player. There are a few left out there, like Jarion Henry at Kimball so we'll just have to see who we can get.

OmniscienceFrog

Couldn't tell you for sure who the last player was to start AND finish his college basketball career at TCU.

I'm pretty sue the last one that could actually play was Corey Santee, six years ago. Program seems to be a revolving door.

freebird

Couldn't tell you for sure who the last player was to start AND finish his college basketball career at TCU.

I'm pretty sue the last one that could actually play was Corey Santee, six years ago. Program seems to be a revolving door.

Hackett and Owens were four year TCU guys.