• The KillerFrogs

Another ESPN Mock Draft

Froggle Rock

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/23242/nfl-blog-network-mock-draft-3

NFL Blog Network mock draft
By Paul Kuharsky

We know you’ve been mocked and mocked. We all give you divisional takes on Todd McShay and Mel Kiper. We often link to other mocks. Maybe you’re to your breaking point. Maybe you need one more.

We spent three days last week emailing back and forth and compiling a mock put together by eight divisional bloggers. John Clayton stood in for the NFC East.

Perhaps we add some different insight to the speculation. Perhaps we echoed prevailing wisdom. (I can raise my hand on that, as you will see.)

At any rate, we know we’re mostly wrong, and we’re eager to write names in draft slots in ink instead of pencil when things kick off Thursday evening. Here’s hoping this helps tide you over.

jake102

I really don't see this happening... I think he's still behind Newton (mistake) Gabbert (not a mistake) and Locker (big mistake). I don't see all three going by the time Minnesota picks.

jake102

There's just huge concerns with Newton. Obviously he has all the physical tools, but he has none of the other stuff.

-- He played one year in college
-- He played in an offense that was designed around him. Can't do that in the pros.
-- He played in an offense that was extremely simplified. Can't do that in the pros.
-- He stole computers, cheated multiple times and was a malcontent at Florida.

What makes anyone think he can learn complex NFL offenses that have to continually adjust to defenses that are going to blitz you and switch coverages, etc? There's a reason that extremely athletic QB's with no work ethic haven't done well in the NFL. It's a lot of work and hours.

There's just huge concerns with Newton. Obviously he has all the physical tools, but he has none of the other stuff.

-- He played one year in college
-- He played in an offense that was designed around him. Can't do that in the pros.
-- He played in an offense that was extremely simplified. Can't do that in the pros.
-- He stole computers, cheated multiple times and was a malcontent at Florida.

What makes anyone think he can learn complex NFL offenses that have to continually adjust to defenses that are going to blitz you and switch coverages, etc? There's a reason that extremely athletic QB's with no work ethic haven't done well in the NFL. It's a lot of work and hours.

... uh ... 36?

Also - the more and more I look at these mock drafts, the more I have no clue where Andy is going.

Big Frog II

The way Andy keeps moving up in the mock draft this spring, if we could delay it another two weeks he might be the No. 1 draft pick.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Scam's agent is a walking disaster area, too. And GM looking at Scam and his numerous drawbacks must take into account his agent as well. "Bus" Cook may not be Count Dracula, but he is enough of a showboater and drama queen to make an already bad situation worse with Scam.

Yeesh. Maybe the Jets will draft him and the perpetually annoyed Jets fans in the balcony will storm the floor. Oh, wait, they'll probably cheer...