• The KillerFrogs

Andy Dalton not extended bid to NFL Draft

westtexfrog

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I just have to get this off my chest. I saw a list on the NFL website of 25 specific players invited by the NFL to attend the Draft on Thursday night and Andy was not invited. I guess the NFL is not expecting AD to be drafted in the first round, what does KF.c think? Oh, Baylor had two players invited, Watkins and their defensive tackle.

Rabble Rouser

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I just have to get this off my chest. I saw a list on the NFL website of 25 specific players invited by the NFL to attend the Draft on Thursday night and Andy was not invited. I guess the NFL is not expecting AD to be drafted in the first round, what does KF.c think?

Andy was indeed invited, he's just not going (which is smart imo). Give me a second and I will dig up a link.

Rabble Rouser

Andy was indeed invited, he's just not going (which is smart imo). Give me a second and I will dig up a link.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/06/2981157/college-notes-duke-freshman-star.html

TCU quarterback Andy Dalton confirmed that he has been invited to New York to attend the NFL Draft on April 28-30.

Invitations are usually extended to players likely to be selected in the first two rounds.

Dalton said he hasn't decided if he would go to New York or stay in Texas and watch the draft with family and friends. Asked if the current NFL labor dispute would have an influence on his attending the event, Dalton said via text, "It's not the only thing, but that is all part of making the decision."

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04/06/2981157/college-notes-duke-freshman-star.html#ixzz1KaQ2HDbi

westtexfrog

Pretty sure the list you saw is of players attending, not players invited. Some players (like Dalton) were invited and chose not to attend. Or are you calling Andy Dalton a liar?

I hope you are making a weak attempt at humor, because I would never call Andy Dalton a liar. As far as the list, you could be right that it is a list of players attending, but I'm pretty sure that it said "Invited". The reasonable explation was posted above, that he had an invitation but declined to attend so the NFL invited someone else.

Rabble Rouser

I hope you are making a weak attempt at humor, because I would never call Andy Dalton a liar. As far as the list, you could be right that it is a list of players attending, but I'm pretty sure that it said "Invited". The reasonable explation was posted above, that he had an invitation but declined to attend so the NFL invited someone else.

The "If he was invited and turned it down I understand." was added in after I made my post when you edited it which is why you don't see it in my quote

AEAfrog

I'm sorry if this has already been posted, but I just have to get this off my chest. I saw a list on the NFL website of 25 specific players invited by the NFL to attend the Draft on Thursday night and Andy was not invited. I guess the NFL is not expecting AD to be drafted in the first round, what does KF.c think? Oh, Baylor had two players invited, Watkins and their defensive tackle.

As the reply above indicates, he was invited but chose not to attend. I'd also add that the 25 attendees is a record. You typically only see players show up that are (supposedly) sure things to go in the top fifteen or so picks. Andy probably won't go that high in the draft (although some are forecasting him to go as high as the Dolphins pick at 15) and it's more than understandable that he would rather watch the draft without having a camera pointed at him the whole time.