• The KillerFrogs

AHN: Dalton upbeat despite rough start in quarterback debut

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AHN: Dalton upbeat despite rough start in quarterback debut

By John Raffel

Matthew Stafford knows what Andy Dalton is going through.

cp.gif
While Stafford, a 2009 first-round draft choice by the Detroit Lions, has been asserting himself in his third season as a capable NFL quarterback, Dalton was thrown into the fire right away Friday night at Ford Field in his team's 34-3 loss to the Lions.

Dalton's first pass attempt was an interception. He threw 15 attempts and completed 11 for 69 yards.

Still, it wasn't too bad of a performance for the Texas Christian University product, who set a Mountain West Conference record with 42 career victories in his career and was selected as the league’s Offensive Player of the Year as a junior and senior. ...

Portland Frog

Glad to see AD get a lot of work in these preseason games. Can't wait to see how AD and Green continue to develop a rapport. It only gets better from here, assuming Dalton gets time to throw to him.

SnoopFrogs11

I just hope he doesn't get sacked as many times as David Carr his first season. If their Offensive line is decent and gives him time to throw then he will be ok and will progress nicely.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I didn't think he looked all that bad, all things considered. Heck it was 14-0 before he took the first snap, and he led a nice drive that results in the FG (aided by a penalty or two IIRC). He'll be fine. All rookie QBs go through it.

neo926

I think he looked fine. First pass was a pick, second pass was overthrown, and he completed 11 of his next 13 passes. He was definitely focused more on the underneath routes, although it's not like there's much in the way of a deep threat on that team to throw to. I was happy with his performance.

Limp Lizard

I watched the replay on Saturday, and he did not do too bad after the first series. From all the hand-wringing I was expecting another Fiesta Bowl type of performance, but he did OK. But man, their defense was really bad!